• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arsenal: Extended Power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BigRed

Caffinated Member
Now heres a game I bet not many of you have heard of. I have been a fan of the orginal arsenal for a long long time (it came out about 5 years ago). I just noticed they released a sequal back in june. I bought it and im addicted! The graphics are by no means to todays standards but the gameplay is excelent, and now it has multiplayer. I sugguest everyone try the demo
http://www.tacticalsoft.com/

Oh cmon, only 5 people looked at this? Its a sweet game people!

Its proof that a lone few programers (the lone gunmen, hehe) can make an excelent game without the help of a developer like EA or activision...

Gotta admit, not too shabby at all. Though it couldn' t hurt for them to work on their grammar a bit, maybe you'll see that in a patch!

All kidding aside, it really was pretty cool, kept my attention for the 20 min of gameplay before quitting out, and I just just about to get crushed, 20 tanks headed towards my fort, and I was down to 1, 9 queued though, seems once you get down on tanks, they just keep coming...heh, I'll have to give the other 2 campaigns a try.

Where did you purchase the game from, and how much? The developers want $25 to d/l.

You gotta buy it through them. If you use a credit card they will send you a username and password to download the full version. Its only $25 and its well worth it :)
Plus they update it or make a new map for it like every day. There is supposed to be a random map generator but I cant find it or its not enabled yet.

I just purchased the game, made my backup, and got 2 d/ls worth of addons, I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure if you'd be able to answer.

Say my I lose the data, hard drive crashes, directory gets deleted by accident, whatever, if I have to restore the game with a backup that doesn't contain the latest addons that I've d/led, will I be able to download them again?

After getting 2 "sets" of addons I was told no more today, am I limited to the amount of addons I can get per day? Or does that mean I'm up to date, and they expect to have the next update available for d/l the next day?

BTW, what's your game name?

<-- GT :)

GT2000 said:
I just purchased the game, made my backup, and got 2 d/ls worth of addons, I have a couple of questions that I'm not sure if you'd be able to answer.

Say my I lose the data, hard drive crashes, directory gets deleted by accident, whatever, if I have to restore the game with a backup that doesn't contain the latest addons that I've d/led, will I be able to download them again?

After getting 2 "sets" of addons I was told no more today, am I limited to the amount of addons I can get per day? Or does that mean I'm up to date, and they expect to have the next update available for d/l the next day?

BTW, what's your game name?

<-- GT :)
Just back it up on a CD. you can download the updates at another time, but its best to keep up to date backups of the game. Above all, DONT LOSE YOUR USERNAME/PASSWORD!
When it says no more updates for today it means your up to date. It should tell you when the next update should be. The guy that made this game makes an update available almost every day. Its usually just a new map but at least once a week its a program update.

Yeah, think I'll probably use a cdrw for backing this game up, as not to run through a ton of CDRs for just this one game. Thanks for the help.

:)

I know Im like 10 years to help this game, but i think this game still lives, and if the dev could figure a way so that people who lost their online license can get their full versions back just on their original login without having to pay more money, it would make the game even. All things aside, this is one of the rare games a dude can enjoy offline and not miss a thing (AI is smarter than average joe strategy game)

Anyway, thought you'd be interested in seeing this lil- attachment (It's just a re-write from the game's help in raw text):)

Attachments

• Encyclopaedia.txt
    10.5 KB · Views: 198
Hello,
i bought the full version a while back, because i used to play this game and its awesome. But im having a problem with the game, especially mission 10. Im not sure if there are any special requirements to this mission, but after i finish it, victorius, i dont get mission 11. Has anyone maybe had the same problem, is there a requirement to conquer all 3 bases or a certain rank or is it a bug in the game.
I was trying to find someway to contact Tacticalsoft, but no info given on their site.

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Cheers

Back