• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 Tx

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jokers_greg

a friend got this card, and it unfortunately came with those ****in infeneon mems. Even with good cooling they cant seem to be stable at 9700 pro speeds. Is there a better BIOS, or how much do i have to underclock the mem? is it worth it in the end?

I have a 9700np in my second gaming rig. and have overclocked it a bit. there is one thing to keep in mind. If you have the infinion 3.6 ram chips you will be lucky to get up to 290. if you have infinion 3.3 chips you may be able to push it up to 300. I would recomend just ocing the crap out of the core and leave the ram where it is cuz those chips really suck.

375 core is not a bad overclock at all. What cooling do you have on it. If you ahve stock cooling that is fairly respectable. put a better cooler on it and you will have more luck. You will not be able to get much more out of your ram at all.

talk about scew, i got 3.6 ns samsung here, and i'm getting 235, i was even thinking of 300, but now it all went up in smoke, the screen blacked out @ 250 OMG i must got my hand on a defective chip or something.

Argh, I just bought a 9700tx for $90, and it too has 3.6ns infenion RAM. Oh well, slightly overclocked this card should still do a lot better than my 9500pro, with AA on the 128bit mem bandwidth is really limiting this card, and even OCing doesn't do too much to performance when AA is on.
I'll post back with results when I get it and do some testing.

trust me, you won't get far with this card, if you're running stock cooling, then just say goodbye its pointless. if you got some cooling then u can increase maybe by like 20mhz on the RAm, belive me they're crapp

Well, the RAM might be crap, but from my expirience, by just increasing the GPU speed, you still get a noticable bump in performance. And I'm planning on getting a SocketA cooler on the core, and I got just the right heatsink to cut into smaller blocks for RAM sinks. Anything is better than nothing... You can always play with the timings of the memory, maybe squeezing a bit more out of them.

I've got one of these. They're pulled from Dells and stock clocked at 263/263. Mine's currently at 385/285. The core overclocks incredibly, the memory is terrible.

Good luck with yours =)

It was the 9700 TX that made me stop trying to buy a card off of ebay. I was looking for a deal and thought I got one on two different occasions. The only thing is that both times these cards were advertised as 9700 Pros. Imagine my surprise when I saw the stock clock speeds and then the RAM. I bought each of them for about $100, give or take $10, and ended up selling them to family members as 9700 NPs. Lost a few bucks on that.

LtBlue14 said:
I've got one of these. They're pulled from Dells and stock clocked at 263/263. Mine's currently at 385/285. The core overclocks incredibly, the memory is terrible.

Good luck with yours =)

How many 9700 types are out there? I got one off Ebay and thought it was a NP. But your saying that it could be a Dell card? Radlinker gives me 263/263 stock so its starting to come together now. On stock cooling I have it at 357/276. I can get the core to about 375 and memory to about 290 then it gets all jacked up. The memory does suck bad, the core is pretty good but I dont want to push it.

I cant complain too much, I paid $120 for it and it blows away my old Geforce mx200. IMO the best card out there for $100. Too bad the memory blows cause cranking that up made my 3dmark2001 scores go up mauch faster than cranking the core.

Dave

Back