• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

World of Tanks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I got Color Messages, GREPA's icons and Overtarget Markers installed and working. I need to find a few of the others.

I'm looking to get new skins as well, some look really cool. Do you know of any place that has a compilation in like a zip file, instead of just downloading every single one separately?

Well, I just started (ScrewySqrl of course) right now my best tank is a Pzkw35(t) and a M2 Light, though I'm keeping my upgraded Leichs and T1 for now (I dumped the russian tank because I never used it)

Last edited:
Do you know of any place that has a compilation in like a zip file, instead of just downloading every single one separately?
Usually tank skins are made by individuals according to their taste and they're made for few tanks.
The mother of all mod sites for WoT is this but you need to know some Russian (Google translate is still bearable).
As a pack of skins I know one called hitzones (some says that's a cheat but I'd say that are useful for a newcomer to learn weakpoints of different tanks) or Kubana's pack, or a pack for all american tanks.
I dunno maybe are more, but I'm not interested in tank skins TBH. :)

What mods you didn't find yet?

@ScrewySqrl Welcome aboard man and happy hunting. :salute:

yes i hate the skins too....lol

thanks to you

i got the in game and hanger clocks mod....and a nice cross hairs......
bro your mod for hangar...yes the premium one.... that's no go..... it have no textures in some places.....

but i found way to get the pre hangar in stranded account.....
you have to
go to
\res\spaces

and backup the files in "hangar" folder.... and empty it
and copy all the files in the "hangar_premium" folder in to "hangar" folder....

that's all

or you can copy the files in the "hangar_premium"
make
some folders in "Mods" folder like

Pre_Hanger\res\spaces\hangar

and copy files to it and use as a mod in you program mention above....

and thanks for that mentioning of the program. it's so esy to use mods now.......and it restores and backup the original files.... so awesome!:attn:

bro your mod for hangar...yes the premium one.... that's no go..... it have no textures in some places.....
Sorry to hear. Here it works flawless for a couple of months now. :)
and thanks for that mentioning of the program. it's so esy to use mods now.......and it restores and backup the original files.... so awesome!:attn:
Yup, JSGME is the best thing invented after sliced bread. :D
I'm using it since IL-2 Sturmovik/Silent Hunter era...

Anyone still playing this?
I started playing again last night after a 6month break.

Finally bought a gold tank (RamII) to go with my PzIII and PzIV.
Seems like its taking forever to get XP...

Anyone still playing this?
I started playing again last night after a 6month break.

Finally bought a gold tank (RamII) to go with my PzIII and PzIV.
I still play WoT. I play as Owenator <-- big suprise:p I'm a pure German tank guy. Have a Panther, VK2801, PzrIII, Pzr38t and Hetzer right now.

I don't play regularly but I went on a binge over the long weekend. I bought some gold and got a three day premium account. I was able to grind up to the German VK2801 tank and worked on my Hetzer. I already had the Leopard so the VK2801 "only" took another 36k xp or so.

You get more xp and credits with the premium account plus if you have an elite tank you can transfer xp to free xp (for gold). I focus on leveling one tank usually. If I die on the one I'm leveling I leave the match an use an elite tank to keep the xp and free xp coming.

The game is a good change of pace from FPS and MMO's IMHO. Much more laid back.

It's all about damage. More damage=more XP. More damage to high tiers=even more XP. :)
And of course a Premium account give you 50% more XP and 50% more credits.

Today is the patch day. Interesting french tanks mainly.

I'm still kinda playing. Started playing SWTOR this past Sunday, so WoT is a bit on the backburner. Not going to renew my prime membership when it expires in 12 days, but will still play for a bit.

The new 7.1 patch should be coming out really soon on the NA servers and it brings French tanks!!

Been on a bit of a WoT binge the last two weekends. Got my VK2801 and started filing out the middle that changed with a previous patch (needed the VK3001 & VK3601 unlocked. I have a Panther, VK2801, Hetzer, StuGIII and just got the Grille. I am liking the TD and Arty lines a lot more than the actual tanks now. It's nice to get some payback on the bigger tanks that were always owning me before. Arty is great for that! :D

Something i haven't been able to get my head around is the secondary skills if i train all members of my crew to have camo will this give me better camo then picking say 2 crew members for camo and the rest repair (not that i would do this)? does its stack between crew members or it the highest taken? that part isn't very well explained.

Any of you twigged it?

Something i haven't been able to get my head around is the secondary skills if i train all members of my crew to have camo will this give me better camo then picking say 2 crew members for camo and the rest repair (not that i would do this)? does its stack between crew members or it the highest taken? that part isn't very well explained.

Any of you twigged it?
From what I can gather the training is an average across all crew. If only a few have it then it goes down in the aggregate. I'll ask my buddy who is a WoT guru what his take is and let you know.

EDIT: Found a link to their explanation. I'm still not sure if you can have all three secondary (repair firefighting and camo) but I'll keep digging.

I'm loving playing arty. It's sweet revenge to kill all the big tanks that used to kill me. The best part is I can kill them and they can't even fight back! Of course if any enemey gets close to me I die.

Last edited:
I just don't have the patience to play arty. That coupled with people just not protecting you, makes it a bit frustrating. 1 t-50 came through a group of tanks untouched and killed me.

I know there are new players and there is a learning curve, but some people just want to go out there and destroy other tanks and aren't concerned about team play.

It's a good game though. I can't wait for World of War Planes to give that a go.

I just don't have the patience to play arty. That coupled with people just not protecting you, makes it a bit frustrating. 1 t-50 came through a group of tanks untouched and killed me.

I know there are new players and there is a learning curve, but some people just want to go out there and destroy other tanks and aren't concerned about team play.

It's a good game though. I can't wait for World of War Planes to give that a go.
The trick I use to stay alive is the camo net equipment item and hiding in a bush. I try to place myself well away from the flag so they won't discover me while driving to capture it. A godd enemy arty person will know the best spots and may just shoot blind at you too. I don't get too upset at an "arty hunter" because as annoying as dieing is it's just part of the game. I've gotten seven kills in a round and also 0. Usually I get at least one if not more.

Dunno seems stupid on how you always get stuck with tanks that are much higher. Also getting on a team that works together is hard to get as well..........

Well I gave it another go tonight and started screwing around with TD's. Seems to be ALOT of fun just gotta keep her safe. Sofar I've just got the basic US one with the 75MM upgrade and some other stuff, one shot kills is pretty sick!

Last edited:
Back