Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    What are we running our PLL at guys? Right now i'm testing 1.25v with no issues whatsoever. Intel spec is 1.8v.
    Core I5 3570K @ 4.5Ghz 1.26v
    Asus Z77 Maximus V
    G.Skill 8GB DDR3 2800 10-11-11-31 1.60v
    MCW82 WaterCooled Vanilla EVGA GTX 670
    Intel 320 120GB SSD
    Corsair AX1200
    Venom X

I tried 1.7-1.9 on cold, didn't make any difference for what I was testing specifically - no clue what it did to temps as you can't read CPU temps subzero. If its stable though, I've read the lower the better for temps, not sure if anyone has tested the effect of PLL voltage on temps however.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    I tried 1.7-1.9 on cold, didn't make any difference for what I was testing specifically - no clue what it did to temps as you can't read CPU temps subzero. If its stable though, I've read the lower the better for temps, not sure if anyone has tested the effect of PLL voltage on temps however.
    Thanks IMOG. Its just weird. IBT temps dropped a good 5C by dropping just the PLL. Wish i could go lower...
    Asus Z77 Maximus V
    Intel 320 120GB SSD
    Corsair AX1200
    Venom X

Senior Memory Guru
    Premium Member #19

It seems like each cpu likes other PLL for high clocks. For low clocks it's not big difference. Lower PLL = lower temps so in some cases low PLL = better oc but for high clocks you have to set it higher so you always have to look for some balance. I checked my 3770K with everything between 1.55 and 2.0V and I had best results on SS ( -30C idle was max that I saw, ~5.5GHz ) at about 1.65-1.70V PLL.
    MVG can read up to -30*C but from ROG connect and -20*C in BIOS.

Hi, there is a new official BIOS available, it's on the Russian site http://ru.asus.com/Motherboards/Inte...GENE/#download

New BIOS - 0813:
    1. Improve Improve system stability.
    2. Enhance compatibility with some USB devices.
    3. Support new CPUs.

6. Thanks!

I.M.O.G. (05-14-12)

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

Just got my MVG today...two annoyances...

1. I had to update the BIOS to 813 to get my mouse to stop cutting on and off randomly. I was planning on getting the latest anyway so not a huge deal.
    2. The left two RAM slots are DoA...
    i7 3770K | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic SS-1000XP

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Velo View Post
    Hi, there is a new official BIOS available, it's on the Russian site http://ru.asus.com/Motherboards/Inte...GENE/#download

New BIOS - 0813:
    1. Improve Improve system stability.
    2. Enhance compatibility with some USB devices.
    3. Support new CPUs.
    Anyone test it out?
    Asus Z77 Maximus V
    Intel 320 120GB SSD
    Corsair AX1200
    Venom X

5up3r m0d3r4t0r
    Overclockers.com Editor

I had to install 0813 or my mouse would cut on and off randomly every couple of seconds or so.
    i7 3770K | ASUS Maximus V Gene | 4x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 | EVGA GTX780 SC ACX | 256GB OCZ Vertex 4 | SeaSonic SS-1000XP

My Overclockers.com Articles | HWBot Profile | Heatware (98-0-0)

Projects: Copper-Framed, MDF Station | PVC-Framed, MDF Station | Custom Cascade Cart/Case | Untitled TJ07 Build

Senior Memory Guru
    Premium Member #19

I don't know if it's only on my board but sometimes when I set too high bclk then I get standard overclocking failed screen, press F1 to enter bios etc ... and then all settings in bios are set to defaults but what's worse all profiles but 1 and 2 are being erased. It happened to me 4 or 5 times already and I lost most my benching profiles. It's not related to bios version as I had that on 0880, 0075 and one more.
    It's just an advice to make copies of your best profiles

Water Cooled Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

Enjoy benchmarks? Join the benching team!
    New to water cooling? Read the Beginner's Guide to Water Cooling Your PC.
    I.M.O.G. - "Night benching is the answer. Start sleeping every other day. Other than an occassional narcoleptic episode, its been wor"
    \m/ OverClockers mATX L33T Club \m/ - Join Now! - My mITX Build

12. Thanks!

Convicted1 (05-14-12)

Senior Memory Guru
    Premium Member #19

and I have M5G at home for a month now * cough, cough*

Updated first post to include Overclockers review, and the latest official bios version. Special thanks Sgt_Velo for the update on the new official bios.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

0813 is the official version of 0078 or would I be going backwards if I flashed that?
    Motherboard Reviewer at Hardware Canucks
    Team OCX Bench Team
    Always lurking the motherboard section

Not the official version of 0078 as far as we are aware, both have different release notes.
    The OC Forums Way

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    Not the official version of 0078 as far as we are aware, both have different release notes.
    From how it looks, it appears that they are almost completely different developments/cycles. Shammy/Raja hasn't stated if either/both contain things that they other does/doesn't have.
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Ok, I guess Ill stick with 0078 for now then. Pretty sure the betas will have more fixes than the officials.
    Motherboard Reviewer at Hardware Canucks
    Team OCX Bench Team
    Always lurking the motherboard section

0813 seems to be more stable for me, I have mine at 4.2g and needed .02 less voltage than 078. Also the set voltage is a lot higher, was using offset of - 0.05 now - 0.115

Premium Member #2

So a quick question... Hopefully somebody has tried it and can answer...

How is the MVG working on the older chips? 2500/2600/2700K?

Trying to decide if the MVG will fit the bill when I go to hammering on my 2600K again or if I need to look for an old MIVE non-Z.
    xXSebaSXx: "Fan reviews are easy. Spin up to full speed, stick finger into spinning blades. If blades break and finger remains the fan is no good; if the other way around happens then fan is a keeper."

Bobnova: "I went squeeeeee like a teenager with the new muave Pokemon when I saw that foam..."

I.M.O.G.: "CPU and GPU are at -10C, and there's water everywhere. Meh, windows updates are slightly less boring when done underwater."

My Heat My HWBOT

It should work fine, has all the right settings... I don't have a chip to test it.

Also, I should mention in this thread that I had problems on one of these with coldbugs. Confirmed it was the board. I haven't heard of anyone else reporting similar issues.

I've already got another MVG on the way.
    The OC Forums Way

Senior Memory Guru
    Premium Member #19

My M5G probably died yesterday. I'm not sure why .
    All that I get is about 1cm colorful bar on the top of the screen and d7 error. Sometimes screen is just black and sometimes it freezes on ROG welcome screen with the same bar on the top. Any ideas what can it be ?
    -> D7 - No Console Input Devices are found ...

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast