• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Maximus V Gene Owner Resources - BIOS, Guide, Reviews, and Advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
0074 is the latest, just got it via email from Peter. Not sure Im going to flash quite yet though since I have tuned profiles set up for just about everything in 0881 and dont want to lose them. Will prob wait for the pending fix "high Frequency 2Dimm/Chanel with Command Rate 1T" and then flash and see if I can push mem clocks. Havent had any problems with 0881 TBH.
Now i'm confused :bang head

Stay with 0881 or try this new one

0074 is the latest, just got it via email from Peter. Not sure Im going to flash quite yet though since I have tuned profiles set up for just about everything in 0881 and dont want to lose them. Will prob wait for the pending fix "high Frequency 2Dimm/Chanel with Command Rate 1T" and then flash and see if I can push mem clocks. Havent had any problems with 0881 TBH.

Does the Gene not have dual BIOS?

It should be able to make recovery via ROG connect even if BIOS fails in any way so don't really needs dual BIOS.

Yeah they dont need one because of USB flashback or whatever but it would be nice to be able to have 2 different BIOS options or at least a way save bios profiles when flashing. I put in two weeks of testing to get my 6 profiles the way I wanted and I would rather keep them than flash right now.

Yeah they dont need one because of USB flashback or whatever but it would be nice to be able to have 2 different BIOS options or at least a way save bios profiles when flashing. I put in two weeks of testing to get my 6 profiles the way I wanted and I would rather keep them than flash right now.

Doesn't someone have the ability to export/import profiles? For instance, you can save an OC profile to USB or whatever.

I know you can do that with some gigabyte boards, I would assume that Asus would do something similar

Thanks Janus67, I thought I heard that about someone's boards, and it caught my attention because it seems pretty awesome... But then I haven't really heard anything about it. I hope it catches on, and gets implemented by more manufacturers... Would really make things interesting being able to share bios OC profiles. :)

Yeah it would be cool to be able to share BIOS profiles. I remember someone used to do that back in the day, DFI maybe? Was a while ago

I just replied to his post asking that question. I would guess if that is what it did it would specify.

I would think so too, but often these things are very vague. Thanks for the heads up on the new version, added it to the first post.

I will try 0881 first. Board just got in, getting ready to tear down my MIVE.

Flashed 0075. Trident preset works well, 2620 10-12-11 @ 1.7v.

Loc5.png

Last edited:
Installed my MVG when I got home from work yesterday. Disappointed that it doesn't have the Marvell raid controller as that would mean I could completely swap all of the parts of my system (I have two storage drives in Raid0 on the MIVE).

Oh well. I tested out the PSC tight timings and with 1.7v to DRAM and 1.2 VCCIO, 1.15 to VCCSA I got up to DDR3-2400 [via bclk starting with the divider at DDR3-2200 and adding bclk up to 108.5] 7-11-7-28-1T (rated at DDR3-2200). Pretty happy, could probably do more if I bumped up the voltage a bit.

If I have time this weekend I'll try out the loose preset and see if it will let me clock higher.

-- Tested for stability running SuperPi 1M and 32M.

Back