• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The tall Busch beer? Nice!

You going to CFX that with your 290? Since the 390 is a rebrand of the 290(more vram different stick clocks), you can do that!

Yup, of course it's a Busch! Nice n cold too! Got a few cases on the cheap. You're welcome to have a few if you're ever in my neck of the woods ;) Hmm..CFX...tempting. I might have to try that before I sell the 290 for shiz n giggles. Thx Joe!

Congrats, why did you get FTW do you think it will overclock well?

A few reasons:
- I only buy dual BIOS if I can help it (this model is dual BIOS)
- I got a deal on this exact model
- It has a backplate
- It has a nice factory overclock

Basically any 980Ti can reach the same clocks on air, it's all in the silicon lottery.

Basically any 980Ti can reach the same clocks on air, it's all in the silicon lottery.
This.

The bell curve for these GPUs is about 1475-1525MHz. Less than 1475 would be below average, above 1525 - above average. There really isn't much difference between each card at all outside of the cooler and its looks to be quite honest.

just this neat thing (wait months before I saw it in stock and sold out in a few hours)

DSC02700_zpswwmn0idi.jpg~original

Very nice Joe. I kept an eye on that also but noticed they sold out fairly quick as well. Might grab one for my secondary rig down the road.

I keep thinking I should do a platform upgrade, especially after reading these last two pages, but I'm hard-pressed to find anything needing more than my current 2600K and 290. Pretty sure this is the longest I've gone without upgrading my board and CPU. Maybe when all the next-gen stuff comes out if the 2600K can't keep up, though with DX12 the 290 will probably end up getting a nice late-life boost anyways.

Only fun thing I've got recently is an old e6410 laptop to replace my D630, but my mobile needs are really low-end at best. Maybe the extra 360 controller.

4649552946.png

Old internet
Not to bad you were doing ok, unless you were doing allot of uploading and downloading.

I keep thinking I should do a platform upgrade, especially after reading these last two pages, but I'm hard-pressed to find anything needing more than my current 2600K and 290. Pretty sure this is the longest I've gone without upgrading my board and CPU. Maybe when all the next-gen stuff comes out if the 2600K can't keep up, though with DX12 the 290 will probably end up getting a nice late-life boost anyways.

Only fun thing I've got recently is an old e6410 laptop to replace my D630, but my mobile needs are really low-end at best. Maybe the extra 360 controller.

skylake is about 25% upgrade.

Not to bad you were doing ok, unless you were doing allot of uploading and downloading.

Well the difference is huge, especially with pic loaded threads like this one. The entire page loads at once, instead of one pic at a time. Overall browsing is a breeze, youtube never stutters, pandora never skips, etc...

The other reason is my wife is going to be taking online classes soon, and AT&T U-verse is basically DSL and runs over the phone lines. Bad weather (even light rain, sometimes) means slow or no connection, as well as staticy TV. Google Fiber eliminates that concern.

And the final nail in the coffin for AT&T, was it was only $10 more a month, for everything else mentioned AND more DVR-able slots/options. :attn:

UVerse also blocks IPv6 by default and limits their terrible residential gateways to 1024 total connections. Glad I was able to move to Comcast after having UVerse for a year. As terrible as Comcast can be from time to time (Business class) I've never had to wait on the phone for hours at a time with them to fix a minor billing issue like I did, repeatedly, with AT&T.

Back