• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got a new car phone mount, got sick of the vent and windshield mounts always falling off, breaking, and not holding the phone very well. The one that I bought is from ProClip, I got the mount specifically designed for my car, the the holder specifically designed for my phone. Plus it holds the cable too, which is a huge plus. It's a little expensive but I think its totally worth it. It doesn't move and the phone fits perfectly.

2017-03-09-18.33.56.jpg
2017-03-09-19.49.29.jpg

War against Dust

So sometime ago I got one of these rigs:

old.JPG
https://www.amazon.com/Best-Choice-Products-SKY1057-Purifier/dp/B004FGNTYE

And I run it in the main living area and have really liked it.
So, I am at war with dust in my office space and decided to pick up another but fancier..
https://www.amazon.com/Breathe-Purifier-Ionizer-Filtration-Cleaning/dp/B01AM3US6U

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0043.JPG

These are the ones you have to be careful with or you can kill your pets!!!
Don't do the "sanitation process" and leave your pets in the house, or you for that matter!
The older one does a sanitation process as well, you just crank up the O3 and the fan all the way.
I haven't tried the sanitation process yet, but with normal operation this thing cranks Ions
and I already see a reduction in dust build-up.

I have yet to get into the finer nuances of this unit like UV, timers, air quality detection, etc.
But dust beware!!!

Cheers!

I have an Alpine unit that does the same thing. Something stinks, I crank it up for several minutes and it goes away.

Old School Thermaltake Armor VA8000 tower.

No idea why I got it as I have more f****** cases laying around than I'll ever need but it was $5 at a yard sale and I really wanted one back in the day but it was like $200 I think

20170311_100203.jpg

I see why they named it Armor.... The thing weighs probably 50 lbs and could probably stop a small caliber bullet..........

A guy I've done business with locally before on several pieces of hardware.

Very reliable and always sells top quality stuff for next to nothing.

Never had an issue with anything
Except the psu that crapped out on you from this same guy causing you to buy another... :p

686763823105050io.JPG

Couple of Calligraphy pen sets, Parker and Osmiroid from the Goodwill auction site for $16. Both sets would normally cost about $20 new.

War on Dust continues

So all set-up in what I believe to be a good spot...

IMG_0062.JPG

I can't believe the diminished dust levels now in my office.
Basically before, by the time I finished dusting, I could basically start over.

Also shows my new Fire Extinguisher:clap:

And also an excuse to feature photos of me being a bad-*** when I was young....
I am still a bad-***, just an old-bad-***.

Salud

Got a referbed laptop at a local electronics recycler. $175 Got a matching sleeve for $10
14" 1600x900
Code:
Dell Latitude E6430
Motherboard manufacturer
Dell Inc.
Motherboard serial number
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
BIOS Version & Date
A16 (08/19/2014)
Test operating system
Windows 10 Professional Edition build 14393 (64-bit)
CPU type
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3340M CPU @ 2.70GHz
RAM
4001 MB
Video card
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 
Disk drive
Model WDC WD3200BEKT-75PVMT1 (Size: 320GB)
Optical drive
E: MAT****A DVD+-RW UJ8DB (CD-RW/DVDRW)
Network
Intel(R) 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection (MAC: EC:F4:BB:03:0F:A4)
Network
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Advanced-N 6205 Driver (Speed: 144Mb/s)Network
Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
Network
Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) (Speed: 3Mb/s)
Also has HDMI, eSATA, USB3

Pictures? They all look the same lol. Mine is the charcoal black/ dark grey magnesium case. Still weighs in around 5lbs.

0994d607617da2b9dddb0697ae5b5641.jpg

Last edited:
Back