• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Upgraded my LG-800G to an LG G3 :thup:

Already have it rooted and bloatware is removed.
This phone is lightning fast compared to my old one. I love it. :)

Just trying to find a good case and screen protector for it....
Look into a skinomi techskins cover (unless you want a glass cover, but I don't bother with those). Skinomi has a lifetime warranty and from experience they're great about honoring it.
For the case you can't really go wrong with diztronic.

got some new ram!
it looks sick!
IMG_20150827_222104.jpg
slipped it in my pc, put the settings to 2400 and set all the timings, and they worked without any issues.
seems the memory controller is strong with this 8370

Just snagged a 6700k from Amazon for $350, it said only 3 in stock, and it's been out of stock or ridiuclously over the MSRP (sometimes $450, $500 for a $350 MSRP boxed part)

Made sure the vendor was Amazon, not some no name company using them, "Shipped and Sold by Amazon.com"

Score.

Take that, Newegg.

Yeah it just switched to that, "Shipped and sold by Erwin Computers"

Amazon is crazy how quickly prices can change. I guess September 11th of all days is my lucky day Q_q. I've been watching that page like a hawk so I guess my persistence paid off lol

Yeah it just switched to that, "Shipped and sold by Erwin Computers"

Amazon is crazy how quickly prices can change. I guess September 11th of all days is my lucky day Q_q. I've been watching that page like a hawk so I guess my persistence paid off lol

The price changed because it switched to a 3rd party. Amazon's price didn't change, it just doesn't show because they're OOS.

The price changed because it switched to a 3rd party. Amazon's price didn't change, it just doesn't show because they're OOS.

Me and 2 other people are some lucky sons of a gun lmao

Now just to wait for the Maximus VIII forumla or Extreme to come out, ugh.

Last edited:
Why not grab the hero or any other board? You going to do some extreme overclocking or extreme spending for little reason? :p

(sometimes $450, $500 for a $350 MSRP boxed part)

Sounds like what that vendor called "memory4less" does, 99 percent of the time, has major markups!

And IIRC, is known for insane markups, like $800 for a $100 dollar part.

If you see "memory4less" mentioned when Googling, avoid like the hantavirus!

Sounds like what that vendor called "memory4less" does, 99 percent of the time, has major markups!

And IIRC, is known for insane markups, like $800 for a $100 dollar part.

If you see "memory4less" mentioned when Googling, avoid like the hantavirus!

:thup: :rofl:

Why not grab the hero or any other board? You going to do some extreme overclocking or extreme spending for little reason?

I might have to settle for the hero if the extreme or formula fails to come out before my impulse kicks in lol, as for the second question, First computer I ever build was with an SR-2, gotta follow it up with something just as fancy, and there's no SR-4 :*(

I might have to settle for the hero if the extreme or formula fails to come out before my impulse kicks in lol, as for the second question, First computer I ever build was with an SR-2, gotta follow it up with something just as fancy, and there's no SR-4 :*(

Why spend that much on a board when you won't even use the features?

bc15686d-7880-4026-94ae-dbd2f26089bc.jpg i got water blocks for my 780 ti matrix cards, back plates, and terminal link, plus a couple of fittings. Smoking deal, and EK really came thru. I am one happy customer... thread about the sercice soon.

More modest than some of the GPUs on here, but it's all I need for an HTPC and Skyrim setup feeding a 52" TV.

20150912_054038.jpg

Heatsinks arrived from Mr.Scott! :thup:
He wasn't kidding when he said they were heavy either!
IMG_20150915_192944.jpeg IMG_20150915_193002.jpeg

Getting CPU1's heatsink was a PITA. The ATX connector is so close, I had to break off one side of the clip!
Needless to say, they are securely installed and not coming off anytime soon.
IMG_20150915_200649.jpeg

Now if only I had a way to monitor temps.....
Hwmonitor hangs the whole system.

CPU-z did too until I disabled scanning of the SMBUS. Something to do with the ECC RAM installed makes the whole thing hang when a program tries to read the timings.... :shrug:

Just a group of fans and some of the small modding supplies. Nothing really major other than cost.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    302.2 KB · Views: 83
Back