• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes it is, Honda is the local economy here, we have 2 assembly plants, R&D and then an engine and transmission plant are close not to mention all the parts suppliers and warehouses and such as well.

What's the top of this page say?
http://www.hondainamerica.com/manufacturing

97% of Honda and Acura vehicles sold in the USA in 2014 were manufactured in North America.
Last time I checked, that's awesome for local economy. Just my $0.02.

Might be built here, but still a Japanese company, still an import as far as I'm concerned. i know you might not agree with my opinion, but it is still my opinion. That being said, if i was to own an import, it would be from a Japanese company, or a German company. But I'd rather buy from an American company. I may be a Canadian, but I'd rather send my money to America than to send it overseas.

A lot of 'American' cars are made of mostly imported parts. It's really hard to say what's an import these days. It's six of one or a half dozen of the other. My 2013 Chevrolet Impala LT was assembled in Canada. Other models are built in Mexico. Some are assembled in the USA. It's a World economy after all.

I work for one of the big three here near Detroit and there is a definite pride in driving what you build. Over the nearly twenty years that I've been in this business I have done work for almost every major car manufacturer domestic or import. I was surprised to read quite a few years back now that the Honda minivan (Oddessy maybe?) Had more American parts (apx 80%) than the Ford Mustang (apx 30%).

Now that I'm working inside I see the true global economy that we have. Trust me when I say there is no such thing as Domestic or Import, only Global. My cubical is literally 15ft from Fanping, a Chinese citizen who is here on a work visa doing nearly the same job as me. One of our supervisors is doing 3 month rotations to China to train them on my job. Needless to say I'm not happy about this as I feel I'm being phased out. But that's for another thread I suppose.

Anyhow, I wanted to voice my opinion and share an insiders view on the whole domestic/import discussion.

Last edited:
Yes the guest worker visa rules need to be changed so the loopholes don't cause US workers to lose their jobs. It's outsourcing even if the workers are in the US.

/back on topic :)

I just got a brand new used Toshiba Satellite Lappy.
Pentium 90Mhz. This thing screams! (Or it will if I can torture it) hehehe.

20150425_131727.jpg

I just got a brand new used Toshiba Satellite Lappy.
Pentium 90Mhz. This thing screams! (Or it will if I can torture it) hehehe.
that's something like the one i got for a media player for my garage.. an ibm P3 laptop that i got wicked cheap on ebay.. still got my old ibm thinkpad 310ed.. got a whopping 64mb ram and a pentium running at 166mhz and iirc a 2gb hard drive.. first thing i ever gamed on.

that's something like the one i got for a media player for my garage.. an ibm P3 laptop that i got wicked cheap on ebay.. still got my old ibm thinkpad 310ed.. got a whopping 64mb ram and a pentium running at 166mhz and iirc a 2gb hard drive.. first thing i ever gamed on.

Lol that's huge. If you read the stick this one has 8MB of DRAM and a "Large 810 Million Byte hard drive".

Yeah yeah, lot of hate on razer around here, but Im a fan.

Razer Blackwidow Tournament Chroma from best buy. Personally I really enjoy these new razer switches, albeit on some models they do seem to be "squishy". This one has a smooth, tactile bump that is very near identical to an mx blue, just feels a little harder to press (this is a good thing for my tastes). The chroma software is absolutely bonkers, so many options of endless colors. Very intuitive to use (click a key, assign the key; or pick a template). This thing is HEAVY for its size, kinda caught me off guard honestly. Came with a sweet case :) Unreal amount of brightness adjustment, 21 levels of adjustment to suite anyone's needs.

Cons - No pass through, kinda bummed about that honestly. Ill survive though. No volume wheel, albeit I never use mine. Only one adjustment level on the kick stands on the back. I keep mine flat, so its not a huge deal for me, and it has a decent angle to begin with.

SHINY COLORS TOO!

20150426_181641_resized_zpsl7rgz6pl.jpg

My Pentium III's came in today!

SL6BY 1400Mhz 512Kb L2 133 FSB @ 1.45 Vcore.
Matched pair. Just need mobo, heatsinks and an old case and my server is up and running! :)

Would have been nice if the seller cleaned off the old TIM but that's easy to fix.

DSC00907.JPG

Back