• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED What did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just got some 2400 mhz DDR4 Dominator Platinums off Corsair's website because all of the other usual vendors are out of stock. 2x8GB for 16GB DDR4 @ 2400 mhz, cost $190 w/ shipping.

Just leaves the mobo and possibly a m.2 drive for my new build. Might settle for a Hero. Which is higher end, a Hero or a Ranger? Both are out and I would perfer a ATX or larger mobo with lots of features and must be Xfire compatible so I can one day have two 295x2s. Ugh. 3 months until the VIII Formula/Extreme come out.

Just got some 2400 mhz DDR4 Dominator Platinums off Corsair's website because all of the other usual vendors are out of stock. 2x8GB for 16GB DDR4 @ 2400 mhz, cost $190 w/ shipping.

Just leaves the mobo and possibly a m.2 drive for my new build. Might settle for a Hero. Which is higher end, a Hero or a Ranger? Both are out and I would perfer a ATX or larger mobo with lots of features and must be Xfire compatible so I can one day have two 295x2s. Ugh. 3 months until the VIII Formula/Extreme come out.

Hate to tell you, but that's a terrible price on that RAM.
And why go buying DDR3 speeds?

We told you before, the Hero is plenty for you.
Or, get this, you could buy another board with more features for less money :eek:

Yay my stuff came today! Now only the mobo remains, and perhaps a m.2 drive if any money is left over but if not eh im used to HDD speeds. Got about $440 left for the build.

a4MJVUY.jpg

Hope I got a good batch number

MNAvQ51.jpg

Last edited:
http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-850-E...d=1442609739&sr=1-11&keywords=Samsung+850+EVO

Yeah perfect price point and quite large at 500gb...

Or I could buy Windows 10 instead of that m.2, else I have a legal copy of whatever version of Server 2008 R2 I want from my school, (datacenter, obviously =P).

Maximus VIII Hero: $229
That M.2 drive I linked = 174

Total $403.

Pretty perfect it seems. Assuming that length of m.2 will fit on the Hero...

Last edited:
I would venture into M.2 PCI-E 3.0 interface and not SATA III. You would see a huge jump in performance otherwise you're limited with SATA III which is the same as the other regular SSDs. You're better off purchasing a much cheaper retail version of the SSD than.

Logitech G303 mouse to replace that cheap one I've fixed twice.
Grabbing Logitech's software now to mess around with the colours! :)
IMG_20150918_164905.jpeg IMG_20150918_164116 - Copy.jpeg

Went on a rare trip to Microcenter today, (the one in Madison Heights, MI, a rather ritzy suburb of Detroit, it also has a Neiman Marcus among other fancy stores) it's 40+ mins from my house so I rarely go there but its fun once and a while, I picked up a usb extension cable I needed, should have gotten thermal paste too for my new build but I forgot :L

The largest stack of HDDs I've ever seen in my life

Storage cap is obviously over 9000

JnbjifI.jpg

also a bit of their paper

HQWGOpa.jpg

Sweet deal on the 6300 there. It's 139$ up here :-/

That's only $20 cheaper than up here. Less if they make you pay duty at the border. And actually looks like only $10 cheaper, direct Canada has it for $130. So really not much better of a deal at all.

That's only $20 cheaper than up here. Less if they make you pay duty at the border. And actually looks like only $10 cheaper, direct Canada has it for $130. So really not much better of a deal at all.

Our crappy dollar doesn't help either. :-/

I couldn't help and notice the AMD R9 390x for $429.99 which seemed the be best bang for your buck as opposed to the $200 2GB GTX 960. I than went to the egg to check out a few, I like to randomly look at gear every couple days and see how things are going and or read some reviews, NO R9 300s ON NEWEGG. GONE, POOF, NOTHING. The R9 300s tab on the left hand column is gone. The only one they have is the 200. Now this got me wondering. They even still have the advertising R9 300 link but no GPUs to be found.

i meant to say that, lol.
cause $89.99 USD actually is like $120 CDN.
also, i got 300,000 km on my truck today.
View attachment 169007

Hey! No cellphones while driving!! :D :p
Congrats! I hit 453,200 today, and I also discovered my new replacement Corolla has 2 holes in the unibody, right through the frame. *great*

You can imagine the fiberglass and metal I'll be buying to fix that.

Back