• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED G.Skill TridentX 2x4GB DDR3-2600 CL10 - F3-2600C10D-8GTXD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woomack

Benching Team Leader
Today I will present memory which is on the market for a long time and actually it's really hard to find it anymore - G.Skill TridentX 8GB 2600 CL10 dual channel kit.

The same as all other 1300MHz ( DDR3-2600 ) or lower clocked TridentX, also 2600 C10 is based on Samsung IC. Memory chips are similar to what we can find in 2400 C9 or 2666 C10 kits. All of them are no longer manufactured on well known and good Samsung HYK0 IC.

My kit is standard retail version bought in an online store. It was manufactured in Dec 2012 so maybe it was RMA replacement, hard to say.

I bet that all readers already know how TridentX memory looks like.

2600.jpg

The same as in all TridentX memory also here we have programmed 2 XMP profiles and both are nearly the same. Profiles can be checked on the below screenshot which also includes results on XMP #1 profile:

xmp.jpg

As you see, test motherboard has some problems to set all timings right.

All tests were performed on the i7 4790K CPU and ASUS Maximus VII Gene motherboard with the latest BIOS/UEFI.
I decided not to push voltages to the max and show what more average users can make on this memory. It doesn't mean I won't add results on higher voltages later.

Last edited:
Test results 2133-2666 1.65V

All results below were performed on standard air cooling with tighter timings. I realize that timings can be even tighter but will require higher voltages or better cooling. If you are extreme overclocker then you already know it ;)

2133 8-10-10-21 1N 1.65V

2133.jpg

2400 9-11-11-26 1N 1.65V

2400.jpg

2600 10-12-12-26 1N 1.65V

2600c1.jpg

2666 10-12-12-26 1N 1.65V

2666t1.jpg

That's all for now. I will probably add something later.
Feel free to comment or add results on your memory from the same series.

Last edited:
Nice looking sticks there Woomack. Good write up as always :thup:

I am rockin the Samir's in my bencher

Think I sold the cas9 s

Been running the stock though
Will have to play with the and see what I can get

I'm testing ASUS M7G right now so timings are not the tightest but more for average user. Gigabyte Z97X-SOC Force had some issues with memory slots and I had to make RMA.

FYI
From Nick himself
The z97m OCF was not made for extreme users

Just the full size board this time around

That is why he was saying no mAtx this time around as he was not behind that release

How do yo like the ROG board ?

It's not bad. Actually all is working fine. CPU voltage has to be slightly higher than on GB to make CPU run stable but except that all is working like it should.
Btw. there is no ASRock Z97 OCF in any local stores.

It's not bad. Actually all is working fine. CPU voltage has to be slightly higher than on GB to make CPU run stable but except that all is working like it should.
Btw. there is no ASRock Z97 OCF in any local stores.

Makes you wonder when they are going to pull the trigger on the Extreme version

That is a drag on the OCF, there are some guys tearing it up over at XS on that board, not sure if you have read through this or not, but good stuff

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums...Formula-Thread-Tips-Discussion-BIOS-Tools***&

Extreme version was never better for OC than Gene and for memory even Impact was as good as full ATX. ASRock OCF is something different as you already know ( and I could find out benching on Z97M OCF ;) ). I just see that since Shamino left ASUS team, more overclockers are focusing on ASRock and Gigabyte. Z97 series are still good on ASUS side but hard to say what we will see in the next years. Actually Z97 are almost the same as Z87 so hard to make it much worse ;)
The only thing that isn't working as expected is 2933 TridentX from older series. I just can't make it work stable using 125MHz strap.

In your link are some nice results on MFR. I have to get some good MFR as all last series that I got were CFR with clock wall and weird scalling at higher voltages. Good MFR were in Kingston 2800 C12 but I had to send them back after review.

New kits will be probably on the single sided Samsungs as everything now is single sided in 4GB modules. Double sided are not manufactured for over a year. 2600/2666 CL10 and 2400 CL9 were mainly on HYK0 or similar series but they're not manufactured for a long time. I saw that 2400 CL9 and 2600 CL10 appeared in stores again but I had no chance to test them.

THis is just to update our PM Woomack. The kit I just received is 2600 10-12-12 and definitely double sided. Date is 2014 week 38

These are quite rare but I still see that you can get them as RMA replacement.

Back