• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE ASUS Strix GTX 980 Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Today, we're going to look at the ASUS Strix GTX 980 graphics card, which currently wears the "flagship" badge of their*Maxwell based GPU offerings. The popularity of NVIDIA's GTX 900 series graphics cards has been quite astounding, and it seems most enthusiasts can't wait to get their hands on one. With the lower power consumption, great performance, and the affordable price they offer, it's not difficult to see why these new graphics cards are so popular. As far as the ASUS Strix GTX 980 goes, we have all those attractive features, along with several more ASUS exclusive items. With the DirectCU II cooler and its 0dB fans, a factory applied overclock, and the renown DIGI+ VRM, we certainly appear to have a beast of a card on our hands here. Let's go find out!

Click here to view the article.

Truly impressive graphics card! If I was building a new computer today I would probably get this card.

But as an owner of an r9 290 I am really impressed on how well its holding its own, especially since it cost $200 less than a 780 back when i bought it.

Back