• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I was hoping somebody could give me some unbiased opinions on this graphics card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The card looks exactly what I'm looking for however the reviews on the gigabyte card that you gave me the link to are not that good. So I'll continue to search but thanks for your reply

OK just get one of these HDMI to DVI Adapters with any GTX 1060 since they pretty much all have 2 HDMI ports and 1 DVI port.

I'd rather stay with what I have now so looking for a card with 2 DVI and 1 HDMI

Then just get the Gigabyte and be done with it. Most reviews were positive. You're making this more complicated than is necessary but good luck, I'm outta here! :escape:

The card looks exactly what I'm looking for however the reviews on the gigabyte card that you gave me the link to are not that good. So I'll continue to search but thanks for your reply

I just looked at the reviews.. yes there are some low ratings there but the overall 4 eggs is actually decent, I personally would absolutely go ahead since it has the features you require.

Almost all the products I have bought through newegg have had 1 egg and 2 egg ratings with DOA and various reports, but its quite normal that for the small percentage of people who experience issues to ensure they leave a low rating comment.

I just looked at the reviews.. yes there are some low ratings there but the overall 4 eggs is actually decent, I personally would absolutely go ahead since it has the features you require.

Almost all the products I have bought through newegg have had 1 egg and 2 egg ratings with DOA and various reports, but its quite normal that for the small percentage of people who experience issues to ensure they leave a low rating comment.

I did look at that card, I also checked Amazon and found That gigabyte card here. I have to measure see if it will fit in my case if it will looks like that's when I will get.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KQUDE2...olid=34RN7AOJ8GL8N&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Just have one final question before I order the gigabyte graphics card

Like I said my plan is to order the following card,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KQUDE2...olid=34RN7AOJ8GL8N&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

I just have one question as far as how it would fit in my system. I looked at my current graphics card in the slot that I using is the very top one and the cards it's very close to my memory. I doubt a card much wider would fit in that slot, I want to make sure that I understand this correctly. Can this graphics card that I listed above fit in any of the three PCIEX_16 slots I have on my MB ? I will include a diagram showing my motherboard and the slots available, the one I'm currently using Is the closest one to the CPU. My question is there are two others below that can this card be put in either one of those and perform the same way, I assume so since they are all three the same type of slot but I'd rather ask to be sure. I'll also include a picture of my case to show I have plenty of room as long as I can use these other slots.

mb.jpg

I know I need to have better cable management it looks like a rats nest.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
It will work in any pciE slot. Probably best performance in fastest slot(too one?)

That was basically my question, since are all marked the exact same thing PCIEX 16 are they not all the same? Obviously the first one being the closest to the CPU I doubt I would be able to fit this card in their since my smaller card now is touching or very close to touching my memory.

So my question is are all three of the PCIEX 16 Slots The same?

Usually bottom one is x4 and two top ones are 16x. You probably will never notice any difference unless you game hard and card is saturating 4x sloth

Usually bottom one is x4 and two top ones are 16x. You probably will never notice any difference unless you game hard and card is saturating 4x sloth

I want to give you guys as much information so that you Can give me the best advice knowing exactly what I have. I checked my manual and below is the section about expansion slots. So if I can't use the very first one which one would be best to use if need be you can scroll up and refer to my diagram of my motherboard but I think this should also explain it very well. I guess I will have to figure out if I do use one of the slots how to enable it. Maybe I should start a thread in the motherboard section asking that specific question?? What you think

slot2.jpg

Last edited:
No card will/should touch the memory. A back plate is all that is on there.

Putting an image on the screen take nothing. A 4x slot wound be fine.

I swear we are putting a man on the moon here. :rofl:

No card will/should touch the memory. A back plate is all that is on there.

Putting an image on the screen take nothing. A 4x slot wound be fine.

I swear we are putting a man on the moon here. :rofl:

Enjoy your laughter and fun, we may be going to the moon here but remember we're not all astronauts like you. Some people especially me come here to ask simple questions and When I asked for recommendations I don't Jump at the first recommendation, I like to hear different opinions on different cards. Sorry you take offense to my going to the moon thread I just suggest maybe you don't follow it or read it if it upsets you that much.

For anybody else involved the images of my motherboard and the expansion slots were taken from the wrong version of my board I scanned my actual manual and I will replace those images with the correct ones.

Last edited:
Thanks, sorry I missed your post and that may be why I continued on without acknowledging your reply. I was getting several notifications at the same time and was scrolling back up to read the earlier replies. Sorry, So now that I know I can use any slot I will order the card.

Thanks to all of you who replied and sorry for the one who was bothered by my long thread.

There is t a need to apologize. I was trying to make sure that the decision making process wasn't getting lost in the minutia is all. :)

GL with your purchase... let us know how it works!!

There is t a need to apologize. I was trying to make sure that the decision making process wasn't getting lost in the minutia is all. :)

GL with your purchase... let us know how it works!!

Thanks, I will let you know how it goes. I should get the card on November 14.

Back