• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1st time OCing. need hand held >.> (FX8350 on Sabertooth 990fx r2)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you go for an AIO cooler first of all get the biggest one that'll fit in that case.

Final after 20 min CPU max 67, Package 63. <<< That 63c on the package is only 1c over what we recommend so i would not have any qualms about that temp in the long run. What has happened is your case and cooler together are likely nOt getting the heat from the cpu and oN out of the case quickly enough.

You could buy the correct PULL fan for the CM 212EVO and maybe get a little more out of it. Another fan to match up with the PUSH one on the EVO right now is the cheapest piece you can try to upgrade with.

If you are nOt going some serious watercooling, then a $100.00 give or take a little for a decent AiO W/Cooler will not buy you over maybe 4.6 or stretching it maybe 4.7Ghz. Too me that is not really cost effective.
RGone...

You can also get a couple of Air dusting cans and clean that sheet! OCing+dust=Heat! :D

If you go for an AIO cooler first of all get the biggest one that'll fit in that case.
PcPartpicker seems to think the Corsair H90 is that cooler.

Final after 20 min CPU max 67, Package 63. <<< That 63c on the package is only 1c over what we recommend so i would not have any qualms about that temp in the long run. What has happened is your case and cooler together are likely nOt getting the heat from the cpu and oN out of the case quickly enough.

You could buy the correct PULL fan for the CM 212EVO and maybe get a little more out of it. Another fan to match up with the PUSH one on the EVO right now is the cheapest piece you can try to upgrade with.

If you are nOt going some serious watercooling, then a $100.00 give or take a little for a decent AiO W/Cooler will not buy you over maybe 4.6 or stretching it maybe 4.7Ghz. Too me that is not really cost effective.
RGone...

i couldnt mount it... pretty sure i lost the second bracket to mount that fan. >.> besides i'd much much rather go with a closed loop CPU water block cooler (reading JoHan's post... a AIO cooler?) if i was going to go any farther. something along the lines of the Cosair H90.

You can also get a couple of Air dusting cans and clean that sheet! OCing+dust=Heat! :D

yah moving tomorrow, will get some cleaning done on it after moves complete. its not really as bad as it looks. camera flash + all black interior makes dust stand out like i would in a foreign nation.

edit: after dilligantly searching Canada Computers stock... i've come to the sad realization that not a lot of the "omg awsome" coolers are listed amonst there stock. i may have to purchase online.

Last edited:
I had a look at your case to see if I could find any with a Dual Rad AIO water cooling setup in it, that weren't modified. It looks like it can be done but with modifications to either the HD bays or the top of the case. As far as the H90, I looked at reviews on them, which were all on Intel chips. It looks like it will be a better heatsink then the 212 you have but how much more OC you will get, IDK. These Fx 8xxx chips really start heating up when you put your foot into them. There are few of us here that started pushing on these chips on Air or AIO units that didn't eventually go to full blown custom H2O. Just food for thought.

I see you said something about Canada Computers, I shop there often. What's your closest store?

Right you're moving. I had a look at that case too and you'll pretty much need to open the top up to make a rad worth using useable .

I travel through there occasionally on my way to Kingston. Have some family there. I'm in the London area more specifically straight south from Woodstock.

Small world eh

Kingston's been nice but it's too small for me and my GF moved back to toronto after she finished College, and I originally moved here for a girl who cheated on me, so why stay right?

Little bit of cleaning to do them i'll do some real testing on my oc with some gaming. Think I still have skyrim installed.

True, I just didn't realize the gap on some chips could be that large. Thanks for the heads up drake!

plus my chip is an 8320,not an 8350 like i fat fingered when I made the post.

Last edited:
Ha ha Gonester, I had a little chuckle when I said it, she didn't think it was so funny though. :escape::chair:

Back