• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The plan.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haturee

So, I have most of the stuff in my sig, some still on its way in the mail.
With the phantom case I plan on taking the 200mm fan from the top and putting it on the side panel.
In its place is where the Corsair H100i is going to be placed.
I'm pretty sure there is room for fans on top and bottom of radiator, so maybe a push pull method for cooling on that?
There is also 3 120mm fans, 2 on the side right below where the 200mm is going and 1 on the back facing the mobo.
there is room for 1 140mm in the front of the case, should I utilize this?

Also for accessories, I have an NZXT Sentry 2 on its way, but thats the only thing I have to put in any of the 5 5.25 drive bays.
I know I should get a dvd/blu ray reader, and a card reader. Suggestions on which are best?
Also any suggestions for the other open slots?

This is my first time using water cooling so any tips or advice?

Advice on a graphics card would be nice, I plan on getting a gtx 980, just need recommendations on choosing one.

Will post a pic after the new PSU gets here and the wires are all managed well.

Thansk for the read, and advice ahead of time! :)

First off, what Phanton case are you talking about?, if it's the 410 than you WILL NOT have room up top for push pull configuration.
At for your blue ray reader/writer i would get this one, it's on sale right now, free shipping
http://www.amazon.com/LG-Electronic...240&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=14x+blue+ray+wreter

If you want to fill up the other slot, if it were me, i will got a card reader, a hot swap bay or a 5.25' blank drawer to keep my USB flash drive or my SD card some thing like this
http://www.amazon.com/desktop-compu..._sim_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1N6RFZHJ224X9B8605EZ

At for your GPU question, what resolution are you looking at, 1920x 1080 or 2560x 1600 or 4k resolution? and what are your budget?

For your water cooling question, go to the water cooling sub forum and post another thread there :)

It's just the nzxt phantom. Full size case. And probably 2560x1600 if possible, the best I can get under 4k, I'm not ready fit that just yet. There are no budget limits

i have to do some research on that case before i can give you an answer, because like i said earlier, that's the first generation Phantom case, an old design case, probably 4 year old and i don't know for sure.

Alright, thanks :) I love this case, just got it, upgraded from the nzxt guardian. TheReally old one that lo looked like a transformer lol

OK, i did take a look at the case spec and ask a friend who have the case, the good new is this case is an out standing case for air cooling consider it was design 4 year ago.
The bas news is this case wasn't design with water cooling in mind, however you may be able to add a 360mm rad at the rear of the case by using this :), i have use this before with a 480mm rad, it's very sturdy, almost impossible to break or fall out
http://koolance.com/radiator-mounting-bracket-with-quick-release

It says it can house a 240mm rad on the top, which is what I bought, it's still on its way here but it would be nice to know if it really won't work

Back