• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Project Power Hawk - mATX build w/ modded TT Core X2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CryoWork

LL.jpg

Project Power Hawk
mATX ASROCK OC Formula Build​

Introduction:
Hello, CryoWork here for my first full on mATX build. The build philosophy encompasses overclocking potential in a mid ATX form factor. I decided I wanted to go a little different with my build so I choose a yellow and black color scheme as seems uncommon as of late!

Specifications (As of now):
Motherboard: AsRock Z97 OC Formula
CPU: TBA
GPU: MSI HAWK 270x
Memory: 16GB Avexir Blitz 1.1 2400Mhz 10CAS DDR3
Case: Thermaltake Core x2
PSU: EVGA 650w GOLD
HDD: TBA
Cooling system: TBA
Fans: TBA

Mods:
Cable Sleeving - In Progress
Case Decals/paint - Not started
Side-window etching - Not started

Update 1 [6/6/2015] -

Case arrived, the Thermaltake Core X2

tcADG7s.jpg

d4oYHzC.jpg

The inside is so roomy and modular!

de3y1gr.jpg

Nice magnetic dust filters.

My GPU arrives from GPUShack:

OX8zsib.jpg

vtLfIIm.jpg

The yellow and black theme fits perfectly, and its the OC version, perfect.

XyT8Gel.jpg

hoVfWZu.jpg

Refurbished card has some dings, I'll iron them out :thumb:

Motherboard arrives:

SGuliqa.jpg

Ia5P67D.jpg

Shes so beautiful.

91lC02G.jpg

Sleeving starts:

rlap2CT.jpg

Last edited:
I hope you make the yellow and black theme work. I was going to go with that color scheme, but I really didn't like the way the OCFormula looked (was leaning towards the MSI Z97 XPower, so expensive though).

Good luck.

I hope you make the yellow and black theme work. I was going to go with that color scheme, but I really didn't like the way the OCFormula looked (was leaning towards the MSI Z97 XPower, so expensive though).

Good luck.

Thanks for the good lucks! If MSI had an X/MPower in Matx I would have rolled with it! I do like the look of the OC formula and I have good experience with AsRock boards, cant wait to see the yellow/white/black come together.

- - - Updated - - -

Update 6/9/2015:

Got around to re-pasting the GPU with Liquid Ultra, cant wait to see what overclocks I get :)

ycpGw7X.jpg

Such a pretty PCB

xyjfiJp.jpg

Nice thin layer :D

did you find what the top stock clocks were before the ultra? would be nice to see what differences show

Update 6/18/2015

C1sFoYK.jpg

PSU cables are completely done, here is only a teaser though ;) Now time for the pesky front panel cables!

- - - Updated - - -

did you find what the top stock clocks were before the ultra? would be nice to see what differences show

Sadly I didnt get a chance to bench before I swapped paste, however I'm expecting at least a 5c drop at full load. I'll get some of someone elses box temps and compare to what I get for sure :)

Update 7/3/2015:

New memory arrives! Thank you Avexir memory!

Ec63gOE.jpg

Au6H8RC.jpg

9wLo2oi.jpg

It fits the theme so well!

k7rD7wx.jpg

The sleeved 24 pin matches perfectly.

sNNU7Iu.jpg

Now about that CPU and cooling solution...

Back