• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600K / i7 6700K OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
"make sure you have a good Powersupply Guys 850W and Up"
If you have an AMD FX octo core and two cards maybe... your rig even with a 250W GPU, would still be happy with a 500W PSU..even overclocked ;)

Last edited:
well this morning i made my test with my 6600K and my MSI z170A gaming M3 motherboard , last night was 4,2 GHz at 1.275v CPU core voltaje, temp.: 62°C to 67°C stable for 30 minutes. this morning it was 4.5Ghz at 1.350v CPU Core voltage, stable for 30 minutes using pgame95 stress test and "dont remember name of the Intel tool, very good tool comes with msi board CD tolos" well my benchmark was stock 7565 and overclock was 8356, temp goes from 60°C to 69°(remember you will be afected for the temperatura of the place you are, and if you have a good CPU Heatstink and fans of course)soo this are my results at 4,5GHz and 1.350v CPU core Voltage "if have some advice for me i will be glaad to hear it! :D:D "make sure you have a good Powersupply Guys 850W and Up"

MSI z170A Gaming M3
Intel core i5 6600k 3.5GHz
Hyper X 2133MHz 8Gb
Cooler Master Seidon 120v
4 fans Heatsink 120mm
Power Supple 600W Cooler Master

I'd be more than happy at 70C 4.5Ghz and 1.35v. Amazing O/C!:clap:

Here is one screenshot after 40 mins memory stability test ( something like Prime95 blend ).

[email protected] 1.25V ( 1.20-1.25V under load )
2x4GB Ripjaws V @ 3600 17-18-18-36 1N
all on the same MSI ITX board and wc with 1x 120mm rad

121.jpg

well at 4.5Ghz 1.350v get FATAL ERROR in worker #4 using prime95 soo is inestable, i will try some new setup

well this morning i made my test with my 6600K and my MSI z170A gaming M3 motherboard , last night was 4,2 GHz at 1.275v CPU core voltaje, temp.: 62°C to 67°C stable for 30 minutes. this morning it was 4.5Ghz at 1.350v CPU Core voltage, stable for 30 minutes using pgame95 stress test and "dont remember name of the Intel tool, very good tool comes with msi board CD tolos" well my benchmark was stock 7565 and overclock was 8356, temp goes from 60°C to 69°(remember you will be afected for the temperatura of the place you are, and if you have a good CPU Heatstink and fans of course)soo this are my results at 4,5GHz and 1.350v CPU core Voltage "if have some advice for me i will be glaad to hear it! :D:D "make sure you have a good Powersupply Guys 850W and Up"

MSI z170A Gaming M3
Hyper X 2133MHz 8Gb
Cooler Master Seidon 120v
4 fans Heatsink 120mm

You could use kilowatt meter and really see what your PC is using, I have one there cheap.

well made my test 4.3 GHz 1.350v goes from 30°C to 84°C max. soo was stable from start to end, Turture Test while i run small FFT´s.....What you think guys??? is good temp.? or should i go down with core cpu voltage??

Have you tried to go beyond that 4.2GHz?

Check 1st post in this thread. It was the same CPU just on other board.
In this ITX setup all is really tight and I simply don't need any higher CPU frequency so I'm not pushing it. There is also only single 120mm radiator with single 120mm fan ~800 rpm. Since there is GTX960 in loop with CPU then temps are pretty good.

If you missed it then here is again photo of my ITX PC ( still have to clean it a bit ):
attachment.php

Temps are fine. I wouldn't break 90C though during small FFT.
well i get better results 4,3Ghz and 1.300v stable testing with prime 95 using small FFT option (is the same result if i go with blend option??) 13 hours and 44 minutes 268 tests passed , was really stable, min temp 26°C and max temp 72°

MSI z170A Gaming M3
Hyper X 2133MHz 8Gb
Cooler Master Seidon 120v Liquid Cooler
4 fans Heatsink 120mm
Seagate 250Gb HHD + Seagate 1TB HHD + 120 SSD PNY

Last edited:
I've been OCing my new rig - 6700K on MSI 170A M7 gaming mobo, and if I let the mobo's BIOS control the voltage, I can run it with a 48x multiplier (in dynamic mode), but the Vcore according to CPU-Z and MSI's Command Center jumps as high as 1.53v, and temps spiked as high as 93c.

I've scaled back to 46x, and locked the vcore are 1.36, which appears very stable and temps only get to about 70C under stress tests.

I'm wondering about OCing the cache? This is a new option (to me, anyway), and I see on HWBOT (I think that's right)- that others with a similar system have gotten higher scores in XTU benchmark by cranking that as high as 45x (normally 40x). Have others here played with the cache multiplier? Voltage settings for that? Warnings about chip-damage?

Mostly though, I just wanted to say that my basic experience with Skylake so-far is that it's quite cool at stock, but needs a (relatively) large voltage adjustment to go beyond 46x, and temps climb very, very fast as you go above stock values (for my experience of exactly one 6700K chip!)

I've been OCing my new rig - 6700K on MSI 170A M7 gaming mobo, and if I let the mobo's BIOS control the voltage, I can run it with a 48x multiplier (in dynamic mode), but the Vcore according to CPU-Z and MSI's Command Center jumps as high as 1.53v, and temps spiked as high as 93c.

I've scaled back to 46x, and locked the vcore are 1.36, which appears very stable and temps only get to about 70C under stress tests.

I'm wondering about OCing the cache? This is a new option (to me, anyway), and I see on HWBOT (I think that's right)- that others with a similar system have gotten higher scores in XTU benchmark by cranking that as high as 45x (normally 40x). Have others here played with the cache multiplier? Voltage settings for that? Warnings about chip-damage?

Mostly though, I just wanted to say that my basic experience with Skylake so-far is that it's quite cool at stock, but needs a (relatively) large voltage adjustment to go beyond 46x, and temps climb very, very fast as you go above stock values (for my experience of exactly one 6700K chip!)
You maybe can you a Little bet higher iff want, but i think 46x 1.36v is really good and just 70C Amazing Temp....I am going 6600k 4.3Ghz and 1.30v 74°C max temp.

MSI z170A Gaming M3
Hyper X 2133MHz 8Gb
Cooler Master Seidon 120v Liquid Cooler
4 fans Heatsink 120mm
Seagate 250Gb HHD + Seagate 1TB HHD + 120 SSD PNY

Newbie Overclocker here, I5 6600k 4.8GHz Results take a look ;

4.8g Cinebench r15.jpg

wow that's big pic, how can I attach it smaller?

Better update BIOS and install latest chipset + ME drivers. I had the same on my MSI. Board was showing 1.05V under load @4.6GHz+ when in real should be ~1.3V. On the other hand ASUS on earlier BIOS was showing 1.325V auto/stock voltage without OC. On latest BIOS it's ~1.18V.

On Asus boards, aisuite should be accurate according to them.

It's sad the software is so unreliable for accuracy...

Aisuite wasn't working good on my boards but I was checking it just after release so maybe it was BIOS issue. For overclocking I was using beta version of their soft as official didn't work. I generally try to stick to overclocking via BIOS and for monitoring I'm using mainly AIDA64 as I have full version for reviews and they update it really often.
I don't like ASUS soft in general as it's installing 2-3 additional services.

Better update BIOS and install latest chipset + ME drivers. I had the same on my MSI. Board was showing 1.05V under load @4.6GHz+ when in real should be ~1.3V. On the other hand ASUS on earlier BIOS was showing 1.325V auto/stock voltage without OC. On latest BIOS it's ~1.18V.
i
Soo you update BIOS and chipset and ME drivers, and work for you?? is because i was stable 25 minutes when goo 4.5Ghz AND 1.350v then fail the stability test with AIDA 64.... update BIOS AND DRIVERS SHOULD WORK??

Back