• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 6600K / i7 6700K OC results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
just over clocked my 6700k with no voltage increase stable @ 4.6 ghz

u5qp87-6.png

If one leaves the voltage on auto, the board will do it's best to provide the chip with the voltage it needs for X mhz. When overclocked the board will compensate to a point. If the voltage in your Cpu-Z Valic SS is accurate 1.43 v is not stock Vid (for joe) ;). I imagine you may get a bit better Oc if you manually set it. That voltage for the corresponding Mhz seems a bit high from what I've seen.

If one leaves the voltage on auto, the board will do it's best to provide the chip with the voltage it needs for X mhz. When overclocked the board will compensate to a point. If the voltage in your Cpu-Z Valic SS is accurate 1.43 v is not stock Vid (for joe) ;). I imagine you may get a bit better Oc if you manually set it. That voltage for the corresponding Mhz seems a bit high from what I've seen.

Yeah that voltage for 4.6Ghz seems high. Please check below these are some of the voltages I've been using, actually run it at 4.5Ghz @ 1.275V and temps well much lower now that I'm doing a AIO cooler.

New to the game here but just got an i7 6700k.
So far results, not fully tweaked but WIP
4.6Ghz - 1.29V (69C)
4.7Ghz - 1.35V (76C)
4.8Ghz - 1.425V (88C)

Right now working on to improve 4.7ghz then maybe looking more at 4.6Ghz. See where the long then sweet spot will be.

My voltages are in my sig. I've got no golden chip, for sure, but the voltages my mobo supplied for 4.6 GHz were outrageous. LOL I can run 4.7 GHz at lower temps and voltages than Gigabyte wants. The mobo will go for max stability. Some fine tuning for your needs and cooling will almost always yield better results, either through higher speeds, lower voltages/temps, or both.

I haven't tried to push it much more than that , using it as a daily work station , had tuned it back to 4.4
Do have it cooled with a 240 AIO loop, and a kit of gskill dd4 ripjawsV @ 3600 Mhz , and could use some help tuning that up to run @ 4.5 . or do think because the mem is so high I wont have the headroom?

4.5 GHz shouldn't pose any problem with that memory speed (temps permitting). My RAM is DDR4 3000 and I'm running at 3733 MHz stable with no issues. I can run 3866 MHz with no problem from the CPU, I just didn't like the voltage I had to run in vDIMM to make it stable.

My 4.7 GHz is only when it ramps up under load. It's steady at 799-800 MHz as I type this. After I achieved my OC I turned all the power saving stuff back on. No sense in having all that voltage and clock speed all the time if it isn't needed.

4.5 GHz shouldn't pose any problem with that memory speed (temps permitting). My RAM is DDR4 3000 and I'm running at 3733 MHz stable with no issues. I can run 3866 MHz with no problem from the CPU, I just didn't like the voltage I had to run in vDIMM to make it stable.

My 4.7 GHz is only when it ramps up under load. It's steady at 799-800 MHz as I type this. After I achieved my OC I turned all the power saving stuff back on. No sense in having all that voltage and clock speed all the time if it isn't needed.

Ditto my friend. I turn on the power saving stuff on as well. Idles very low and cool and ramps up as needed. Has a little higher voltage on the high end because of doing this, but.... when not using it to its fullest its not sucking power down. I've had mine at 4.7Ghz and higher but it used a lot of power. My 6700k is no golden chip that is for sure but it does run cool which I enjoy.

Ditto my friend. I turn on the power saving stuff on as well. Idles very low and cool and ramps up as needed. Has a little higher voltage on the high end because of doing this, but.... when not using it to its fullest its not sucking power down. I've had mine at 4.7Ghz and higher but it used a lot of power. My 6700k is no golden chip that is for sure but it does run cool which I enjoy.

Living in Phoenix without A/C leaves me in need of low power computing most of the year. I'm idling at 28-30C this morning. I'll turn the swamp cooler on in a little while, but it won't get much lower until winter rolls around again. I really need to move back to civilization. LOL

Back