• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wife's build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So the build is put all put together and I'm going to fill it as soon as the 24 pin jumper and pt nuke come in. Now my question is: will it hurt anything to have everything from the psu hooked up when I fill and leak test the system? Or should I get a seperate psu for this?

I personally would use a separate PSU or completely disconnect everything else. I've seen people have everything but the 24 pin hooked up while filling, but it just seems too risky to me. I'd rather lose just a PSU, than it and anything it might be connected to.

I'm notoriously clumsy though, so I take extra precautions when doing things like adding water to a computer.

Ok, I'm trying to procure a seperate psu from a friend. It's not the easiest to get to all the cables with everything ran

Just don't hook anything up to it other than the pumps and jumping the PSU, placing it externally.

Well unless I can get another psu I cannot remove it from the system as the res is attached to the psu shroud... but worst case scenario I can unplug everything. It's mainly the 8 pin cpu plug that will be hell to get back in..

Didn't you use a fully modular PSU? Simply unplug at the PSU side instead of the component side.

You can't get to the psu cables on the enthoo pro without pulling the shroud which is not an option due to res placement

Yea haha. It made for a neat look but made doing anything to the psu impossible without draining the loop :( and with the 360 rad and fittings and such I would not be able to easily reconnect the 8 pin cpu connector on the top left of the mobo. I have a friend I gave a crap generic psu but he just moved and is hunting for it in boxes of stuff haha.
Definitely with this being my first liquid cooled build I want to take every precaution to make sure there's no mishaps.
One other question: I used some rotary fittings to get straighter angles. They, after moving them around a bit, slide in and out slightly as well as turning. Is that normal?

Definitely with this being my first liquid cooled build I want to take every precaution to make sure there's no mishaps.

:salute: I agree. I still take the same precautions every time I take the rig apart. You become accustomed to.

One other question: I used some rotary fittings to get straighter angles. They, after moving them around a bit, slide in and out slightly as well as turning. Is that normal?

If its the bottom threaded G 1/4, that shouldn't move at all. The upper half is ok and always moves above the rotary point. Allows you to adjust positioning while not having to redo everything.

Last edited:
Yea the bottom part stays stationary. It's just the part after the rotary that moves.
Thank you for the help!

Ok guys! The loop is complete and filled. I added a couple drops of dawn to help with bubbles and I must have added to much. Now there's suds... how do I get rid of this? Or will it work itself out?

Wait, Dawn? Why????

How do you get out something you shouldn't have put in? Completely drain and flush until it's gone. May take a disassembly to flush each component individually.

I've read in a ton of places that a couple drops will help move air bubbles out of the tubing.

I haven't seen it on here. It's on how to videos and on the life hacker how to guide.
I guess for now I'll let the leak test carry on and see if it gets better. Otherwise I'll drain and refill

Ok so I took your advice and flushed the system like 12 times... no more suds!
Well now I know :)

Back