• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock e8400 with P5QL-SE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Thiagooo

Good morning guys, I would like to overclock my E8400, but I found no guide for my motherboard this: P5QL-SE

What I tried to do was:

FSB to 400mhz
PCIE to 100

The multiplier is x9, totaling 3.6GHz.

But, when apply this in BIOS the computer shutdown. When you turn on again, crashed in the welcome screen. And after this gave the boot problem, I had to format!

what can I do? is to do some overclocking?
Thank you.

List your complete system spec's in detail, including the exact model and quantity of RAM installed, and the DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage at a FSB of 400MHz. Also note whether you have a C0 or E0 stepping chip, including the VID (Voltage ID) of the chip, and the loaded Vcore (Core Voltage) while running Prime. The CPU tab of CPU-Z will show you the stepping and the Vcore, and the VID can be found using either Real Temp or Core Temp.

Last edited:
List your complete system spec's in detail, including the exact model and quantity of RAM installed, and the DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage at a FSB of 400MHz. Also note whether you have a C0 or E0 stepping chip, including the VID (Voltage ID) of the chip, and the loaded Vcore (Core Voltage) while running Prime. The CPU tab of CPU-Z will show you the stepping and the Vcore, and the VID can be found using either Real Temp or Core Temp.

Sorry for the pictures, is it what I got! I had to quickly take by phone because I'm not on my computer now!
1z6unup.jpg

This motherboard has overclocking profile, I configured in 10%. Applying the settings the computer restarted itself. When you turn on the screen crashed welcome.
I removed the overclock and now this when in windows, after a few minutes the blue screen appears with the message "Page fault nonpaged area" and restarts.

:cry:

You must change the FSB-to-RAM ratio to 1:1.

Enter the BIOS and choose the lowest RAM clock, save, reboot, go back into the BIOS and select 400 for the FSB.

And I recommend CPU load line calibration.

Warning: If you don't enable CPU load line calibration, it may take multiple retries to POST!

Back