• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Project Professional

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thanks!

Just a some novel advice, don't test your PSU mod till its 100% completed. Being lazy will be your downfall. I literally fried 4 cheap PSUs not being careful. I bought a new Thermaltake 430 watt PSU from BestBuy (ouch) and have yet to fry it. I learned not to test it after every small modification to it and only test it once it is fully bolted down in the server PSU case.

All I have left is the fans on the PSU. I have dual 40mm on the back running off fan controller and a high flow 60mm running at 5v in the front.

The Corsair 750 will be a bit of a challenge when it comes to heat dissipation, but I have an idea for it.

P.S. I only had 4/8 HDDs in my RAID. Basically testing the Dell backplane compatibility to the new PSU (which was a success)

Got my radiator mounted. Slave PSU is 95% complete. I need to replace the LEDs on the status board to 5v LEDs.

Other than that that I need to reinforce the 22ATX connector and find a clean way to wire the PSU_ON and ground over to the master PSU

EDIT: IDK why the motherboard looks lopsided. It is completely straight in person. Also my sleeved wires look like crap. I had them built for me.

I should probably invest in a real camera

EDIT 2: Everything looks extremely dusty. The only thing that is dusty is the drive release. I REALLY need a better camera

Attachments

• IMG_20131026_203909.jpg
    IMG_20131026_203909.jpg
    548.6 KB · Views: 147
  • IMG_20131026_203916.jpg
    IMG_20131026_203916.jpg
    897 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Back