• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SK-7 or AX-7??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chachmarach

I was wanting some opinions on which one does a better job of cooling at moderate fan speeds or better all around??

The SK7 performs a little bit better than the ax7. looks like it was
developed by thermalright to replace the ax-7.

Check out the HS performance review on the home page. The SK-7 is second only to big brother SLK-800.

I own a Ax-7, This HS performs like no other. I got a Vantec Tornado along with AS3 on it. No case fans "Yet" .. With side panel off temps run 32C Idle and 37C Load. Even though Case temps are 27C with side panel off. Ax-7 Has a BIG BiZANG For its buck.

I do think that AX-7 will do a better job of cooling at low to medium fanspeed due to the low backpressure.
/Paxmax

So how noisy is the SK-7?
I need to replace my Tornado 7, the thing weighs 400lbs and doesnt sit flat on the cpu.

dgonly2, 400lbs is enough to crush our bodies :) ... did you mean 400 grams? :D

I own SK-7 combined w/ 70mm TMD fan (as reviewed on overclockers.com, blows 36cfm), and it sure is quiet, around 38dB; just make sure that you get the 5800rpm fan since there is another version of the same fan that runs at 4800 rpm and blows 30cfm.

And I just heard that TMD will soon release 80mm version of their magnetic tip fan .. that means you can upgrade your 70mm into 80mm and get even better cooling ... think of it as an upgradeable option :)

Does anyone know a site that actually sells the AX-7? HeatsinkFactory doesn't seem to have it anymore, neither does Newegg, Googlegear, etc. Also, if anyone knows if it fits on an A7N266-VM that info would also be appreciated. Thanks!

-Rav

Back