• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Prime95 a Bug-Infested Spawn of Win95?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Decaf

Well maybe I exaggerate a bit, but lately I've been having some problems with Prime95:
Frozen computer at certain frequencies and/or certain ram settings. No error messages, just total lockup.

Just today after finishing a torture test it said I had run for 9463 hours, 55 minutes with 0 errors and 0 warnings. Wow, time sure does fly when you're having fun OCing! Well maybe not that much fun, 37 hours would have been an accurate figure.

Sometimes after I stop the torture test, it will give me no times at all.

And today, P95 ignored me. Double click it and nothing. The window shows that a test should be running, but temps stay flat and windows task manager shows no activity at all. Bah... I cleared cmos and reinstalled p95 and so far this particular problem hasn't resurfaced.

I realize there's a chicken-egg issue here. Is there a bug or two or 1024k or is it an OC induced phenomenon? I don't know. I never had these problems at lower frequencies with my AGOIA 9. Somebody call up them fancy pants mathematicians and ask nicely for a PrimeXP Pro SP1.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting ready to look for a new stability bench? Any suggestions for something just as good? What about this PI thingie I've seen some people use?

Back