• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wd 8mb performing as 2mb :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kingdom

Hi

During some sabdra benchmarking last night i noticed that my 120gb wd 8mb were performing as a 80gb 2mb cache drive :|

My system specs are below, 1. run without iaa and first run with iaa were the same, then i changed the mode from disabled to maximum performance (cant remember what the setting is called in iaa) did the test and no difference, then i disabled the setting again, did the test and it performed as it should, did a reboot and it were back to bad performance.

How am i supposed to set theese options to get my drive to perform as it should, its divided into 4 partitions, can this have any effect on the result, allthough it seems weird that it performed right once with theese partitions.

I'm not used to configure hard drives i usually just plug it in and expect that it performs as it should, guess i was wrong.

Thx for ur help and ideas in advance :)

Back