• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

jw, how do you hold a window in?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MLMIB

you guys keep talking about molding, but in my mind it just isn't clicking on it holds the window in, jw if someone could explain this to me 'cause I plan on cutting a window in the top of my case soon

On some pre-made windows the Trim hold it in, if you build your own window just use strong glue like liquid nails or something.

Double sided tape works well. Its easy enough to uninstall and remove and it comes cheap. Make sure to get the foam kind.

I usually go with double-sided carpet tape if using no edge-molding. If I'm using the edge-molding, I go with 3M double-sided foam tape due to the space between the window and case, from the molding.

I've also used rivets & bolts, all depends on the effect you want.

that directron stuff seems kind of expensive for molding. i guess you only use a few feet at more, but still.

i was actually coming to this section to ask almost exactly the same question. i want to put a window in the top of my case soon too.

pcmods.com is a great place, thats where i get most of my general case/cooling stuff.

fattymcnasty, the case came like this, its a Lian Li PC-75, the model with the window...

after looking at lian li cases, I think they are a rip off. yes, its aluminum but you can get a chieftec Dragon aluminum with a window and more space for cheaper. What, exactly, do you get out of a lian li that you can't get from a regular chieftec.

Back