• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have 2 Questions.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EarthShogun

Registered
My first question is what is a free program that lets you make a moving advatar? A program that lets you put to gether a bunch of .jpg to make a moving immage.

Next question I have basic HTML programing skill very basic. But I would like to get into programing and program simple little programs. I am easly amused when it comes to making things. What is a easy language with a free compiler that is easy to use.

it's actually the .gif format that is animated, and I suggest googling for 'free gif animator'.

Failing that, Ulead software offers a trial version of their gif creating / editing / animating software that you could use.

The difference between HTML and any halfway decent programming language will be TREMENDOUS.

However, C and C++ are good languages to learn. C is fairly simple, and C++ simply adds a few features that are handy (And tremendously powerful) while using all the features of C. (So basically, learning C is like 90% of learning ++)

Borland offers a free compiler, any *nix distro COMES with a compiler, and there probably millions of webpages out there with advice, help, and tutorials ranging from the cherished 'hello world!' introduction to more advanced topics.

Animagic GIF, but hey, I dont remember if it was freeware or not

C would be a good language, I want to learn it sometime.

You could also try Java. It's similar in structure to C, and you can make some interesting things for web pages. Not sure if you can get a free compiler for it, im sure you probably can. http://www.squashbc.com/ <-- look at the cool Scrolling news thing on the side I made in Java

Then there's the easy stuff, like Visual Basic. But that's really only suited for designing windows type applications.

What do you want to program anyway? Like games, or apps?

Back