• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good weeks for 1700 DLT3C's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spoons

Registered
Ok I'm looking at buying a DLT3C system, ATM i've got an Epox 4G4A board and a 1.8A P4 thats dying. I'm not up to buying a £300 intel system so I've decided to go for a nice cheap and fast AMD system. I was wondering which were good weeks for overclocking, I know 19 is meant to be good, but what about any others, basically im just asking which weeks to avoid if there are any.

Also which motherboard would you recommend, an RDA3+ or a NF-7, they're similarly priced in the UK, and the only on-board thing I need is sound.

I'm looking at either a SLK-7 or a TT Volcano 11 for cooling, any recommendations?

I'd also like to know how high I can put the voltage on my new CPU as i've no exprience with overclocking AMD's, will the CPU be fried in 6 months at 1.8v?

Thankyou for your help I really appreciate it, Mark

The 1700 DLT3C week that are good are 0319, 0310, and 0307.

I would recomend the NF7-S if you need onboard sound, since it has onboard soundstorm...which is the only sound chipset that will rival the Audigy2 so far. If you do get an Abit, amke sure you get a revision 2 though.

The Sk-7 is a really good heatsink for $20, and the SLK-800 is also very nice, but costs a bit more. If you get those, look into a Thermaltake Smart Fan 2 for it, it has variable speed, and high static pressure that will push air through the fins on the thermalright products a little better than your average fan.

You will not kill an AMD in 6 months at 1.8v, many people run their 2100 t'bred B chips at 2.1v regularly. If you do get the DLT3C, it will be stock at 1.5v, and the highest I really feel comfortable with mine is 1.9v, but you can make your own decision.

There's not any week worth avoiding; all perform just about the same; each week has its own outliers. The third letter in the code is what matters. The lower the better. Almost all have their letters being "M", such as XPMW, one of the most common ones. First letters different quite a bit, I have a "U," the are T's, R's, V
's and W's also. There is only one code I have ever seen thats worth avoiding, which is the TPXW, which makes sense, its third letter being an X. If the third letter is any higher than M, don't bother buying it. Otherwise, don't worry about it.

Gameve.com also has the NF7-S Rev 2.0 for only $115 + FedEx Express Saver shipping for FREE! They are the cheapest anywhere and ship same day in most cases. I have never had a problem with them. They are as fast and efficient as NewEgg in my book!!!

Thanks for all your help guys I appreciate it :) I'm still debating on whether to upgrade atm because my P4 runs 2.2 ghz fine and i'd just be getting an increase of about 1 ghz effectively which I may not really need.

Its 50/50 I'd say. Thankyou for your time and advice :)

Mark

Back