• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sound screws at high OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
Ok, I've got an Abit IC7, 2x256 of PC2700 ram, 2.6c, I usually keep it at 231 because when I go higher, right now I'm at 250, my divider is 3:2, my onboard sound (what I'm using) screws up and it doesn't let me play any audio. Has anyone experianced this or knows whats going on. PS, I'm about to upgrade to better ram

It happens sometimes at high fsb's. The only way to solve this is to lower your o/c or get a sound card. A pci sound card can most likely handle the high fsb.

dang, I'm selling my sound card to luta BECAUSE I got this onboard sound and I didn't think I'd need it. But thats ok, I'll handle a lower oc. maybe better ram will fix it.

I don't know about the IC7 but on my BE7 i have to lock the AGP/PCI to 66/33 or my onboard sound get messed up when i rise my FSB.

I was at a pc club store and I asked one of the guys I know and he said that my pci bus should be kept at 33 instead of a ratio. Thanks, if I didn't get it from him, I would have gotten it from you.

I set it to fixed, and it works fine! that must also be the reason why things looked screwed up during a bench when at high fsb

Back