• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmmm

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iLLestOne

200w UPS enough?

Will I be able to plug my comp in a 200w UPS, even though my powersupply will be a 480w-550w? I know that's output, but I'm just confused on the subject. I really like how a UPS will shut down my comp for me if I'm away and the power goes out.

This is the one I'm wondering about. http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-101-124&catalog=72&manufactory=BROWSE&depa=1

I've heard that having one of these will usually filter the power a little bit, making your rails more stable. I'm also worried about power outages when I'm away :) I live near a hospital, so they usually never happen to my house. But I wanna be safe, just incase.

the 200watt UPS should mean that it will hold a charge for the advertised duration @ 200 Watts. so if you are drawing higer wattages cut the time down accordingly.
This is all just what i think that means....someone please correct me if i am wrong so that illestone doesn't burn down his house

LoL!
That makes sense. I hope it's right, because I only need it to last 30 sec or so to shut down my comp. I just thought maybe it limited the output or regulated it somehow to not allow more then 200watts threw. I'm new to this, as u can see...

Back