• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

P4P800-E: RAM compatibility.... help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vipergtsr1736

After wrestling with my new P4P800-E Deluxe to get RAID to work, Ive run into another problem. :rolleyes: I have 2 sticks of ram, one is Kingston Valueram PC-2100 256mb, and the other is a Corsair XMS PC-2700 512mb. They used to both work great together on my last Gigabyte board, but in this new stupid ASUS board only my kingston stick works. If I put them together in any combination and in any place in the slots, it wont post. It only posts with the kingston, and wont even post JUST with the corsair stick alone. Ive tried all the slots, even raising ram voltage and timings before trying the corsair stick. How can i get this stick of ram to work? I cant play anything with 256mb, ive tried. Im getting a gig of PC-4000 or higher in the future, but for the next few months, i NEED this corsair to work. ASUS tech support is USELESS, they NEVER call back. I hope you guys had better experiences with this company than I did. Also, what is MPS revision in the BIOS? ASUS was nice enough to include a wimpy manual with no troubleshooting. BTW, I have the latest bios update. :mad: :bang head :cry:

vipergtsr1736 said:
After wrestling with my new P4P800-E Deluxe to get RAID to work, Ive run into another problem. :rolleyes: I have 2 sticks of ram, one is Kingston Valueram PC-2100 256mb, and the other is a Corsair XMS PC-2700 512mb. They used to both work great together on my last Gigabyte board, but in this new stupid ASUS board only my kingston stick works. If I put them together in any combination and in any place in the slots, it wont post. It only posts with the kingston, and wont even post JUST with the corsair stick alone. Ive tried all the slots, even raising ram voltage and timings before trying the corsair stick. How can i get this stick of ram to work? I cant play anything with 256mb, ive tried. Im getting a gig of PC-4000 or higher in the future, but for the next few months, i NEED this corsair to work. ASUS tech support is USELESS, they NEVER call back. I hope you guys had better experiences with this company than I did. Also, what is MPS revision in the BIOS? ASUS was nice enough to include a wimpy manual with no troubleshooting. BTW, I have the latest bios update. :mad: :bang head :cry:
Go here and scroll down to the QVL and download it and print it out. This will give you all the types of memory that Asus will support. Good luck

Back