• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP! My nf3 250 won't boot?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jhero

Registered
okay, i'm building a new computer for a friend so i got all the parts plugged in and the computer won't even turn on when i push the button but the 3 lights (num lock, caps lock, etc.) on the keyboard turn on... so that must mean that there is power going through... but anyways, here are the specs as follows:

AMD 64 2800+ S754
DFI LanParty UT NF3 250gb
1GB PC2700 RAM (2 x 512 sticks)
Seagate SATA 160gb NCQ hard drive 7200rpm
WD800 ide 8mb cache
BFG GeForce 6800 GT OC 256MB
SB Audigy 2 ZS
CoolerMaster Wavemaster case
Enermax 485Watt Noisetaker
some floppy drive,
nec 3500 dvd burner

help please :) i'm pretty sure i plugged in all the cables properly onto the mobo... i dont know what's wrong!

Hi, thanks :)

Absolutely nothing is turning on besides that standby light at the bottom of the board (red light) and the keyboard lights which are connected through ps/2

THe DFI board has a power and reset buttons on the bottom right corner. Make sure you press the top one (power), this overrides the tower function buttons.

Jhero said:
I pressed it, it did nothing :S

Just to check (sure you did) but you did also hook up the 4 pin atx-aux connector to the motherboard besides the 20 pin one correct? Just checking, if not I don't believe the board will come on at all. Also I had a friend that with another brand board he didn't hook it up, it started, but then procedded to burn up the Motherboard.

Thanks,

Mike

What? This is on the dfi? I don't see it...

I see a 4 pin 12v next to the cpu..

Back