• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ClearFlex 60 1/2" & 3/8"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It is cheaper at MC Master. Go to www.mcmaster.com and enter in the following part #s:

5231K237 for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD at $0.68/ft.
5231K217 for 3/8" ID 5/8" OD at $0.51/ft.

buttonmash said:
Tygon 3603 is as good as it gets, everything else is a Compromise.

why buy a car that goes 200mph if your never gonna go a mile over 50... why buy tygon when clearflex will be more then enough...

tenchi86 said:
Haha very true, though some people like having the best just for the fact they have it.

i mean i could understand wanting the best of something that people could tell the difference in but how often does somebody walk in and off the top note the difference between clearflex and tygon, and who even asks (unless they are asking because they want to know for a future setup)

In my town it gives you bragging rights to use tygon, haha just messing. What I mean is they like to know that if they need it they have it. You may nevber go faster then 50 but its nice to know you could.

buttonmash said:
Tygon 3603 is as good as it gets, everything else is a Compromise.

Ok...say SLI 2x6800 Ultras are as good as it gets in video. But at over $1000 just for the video cards, a lot of people are going to have to compromise. Same case here. Not many people want to spend $2 a ft. for Tygon when Clearflex will do the same job at $0.68 a ft. The point you made is irrelevant.

why buy steak when hamburger is good enough?

Only thing I notice is tygon is crystal clear without that blue cflex tint. It also feels a bit softer & easier to work with. Worth twice the price? Probably not, I run pure water anyway :p

rdrash said:
why buy steak when hamburger is good enough?

thats a totally different point, what I'm saying is that if it makes no difference (tygon kinks less, but 90% of the people dont bend their tubing enough for clear flex to king because it makes it more restrictive, so the bottle neck in the tubing is 1) reactivty (both dont react) 2) how clear the tubing is (both are clear enough that if you add dye then you dont notice the difference and most people add dye of antifreeze) 3) kinking and both wont kink for practical purpose for steak and hamburgers the bottle neck is preference in taste and texture, and people can feel the bottle neck there

Back