• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mobo may HD issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rabidchicken

Ok heres the problem. While using my machine to format extra drives I attempted to format one that was bad. My system quit working altogether after that with or without the extra drive connected. I have three drives in my system. A OS drive (80gig), a program drive (80 gig), and a file drive (120 gig). The OS drive is connected to the mobo and the other two are connected to separate channels on a ATA controller card. I attemped to reformat and reinstall windows on the OS drive and the format failed several times. So I disconnected all the drives and tired again to no avail. I then tried to do the same with the Programs drive with the same results. I took a 20 gig drive out of an old machine that I know is good and tried again with no luck. Thinking that something may have screwed up my bios I did a recovery flash and still the same. I have been double checking all the connections everytime. I am out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.

Back