• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

@Zalman Fatal1ty (CPU)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Danjul

Registered
How good is the fatal1ty compared to other cpu coolers ? i really wanna know..

Thanks in advance :)

It actually has a fan that spins faster, so it is louder overall (42dba vs 32dba rating by Zalman). Heatsink wise, same material as the 7700Cu but the colour is different. The fan is a red LED fan that spins 400rpm faster (+/- 10%) than the 7700Cu version. The Fatal1ty also does not include the FanMate 2 accessory.

You can do better for the price.

Know Nuttin said:
It actually has a fan that spins faster, so it is louder overall (42dba vs 32dba rating by Zalman). Heatsink wise, same material as the 7700Cu but the colour is different. The fan is a red LED fan that spins 400rpm faster (+/- 10%) than the 7700Cu version. The Fatal1ty also does not include the FanMate 2 accessory.

You can do better for the price.
Good to know, I thought they ware the same.

Flip-Mode said:
Good to know, I thought they ware the same.

Even the Zalman Fatal1ty FS-V7 VGA Cooler is different than the VF700-Cu mainly due to the fan. Louder due to the faster spinning fan. VF700 gets a ~1350/2650rpm at 5/12v, FS-V7 is ~2050/3650rpm at 5/12v.

when you are gaming either with headphones or a stereo/5.1 installation you won't notice the noise difference between the normal and fatality version; however if it allows better cooling and higher overclocks on your GPU/CPU you will notice it in-game;

Great answers.. think i got what i was looking for, thanks guys ^^

Back