• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats an "average" overclock on this CPU? Also LDT question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DareDevil_747

Disabled
I've got my CPU right now running at 2860mhz, 28C/39C, 11 X 260 X 4LDT... I can run it at 11 X 270 X 3XLDT (2970mhz) but it fails after about 4-5hours of prime 95...
I havent really seen anyone in here with this same CPU, does anyone know what the average oc for this thing would be? Have a gotten a killer OC or should I be able to break 3GHz?

Also, at 2.8GHz, my LDT multi is 4X, meaning bus speed is 1040, when I go up to 270FSB, I have to lower LDT to 3X, which is only 810mhz, will I see a performance drop there? Or does it really matter?

Thanx for any opinions/facts!

No, you won't see a performance drop if your bus speed is at 800. You won't notice anything until it is much much lower.

I have this same cpu and I can break 3ghz on stock, what kind of cooling do you have?

When you overclocked, did you just find its maximum or did you burn in? If not try to OC the way it tells you to in this thread
http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=427461

Ah thx. Using XP90C, no ive not went thru the burn in process, will try that tonight... if u can break 3Ghz stock, It should be safe for me to boot up at 11 x 275 (3025) yes? Will try that tonight and continue making my way towards 300HTT :D

Well, I think Ive found my max OC... its not too high :(
3130mhz
10 x 313 HTT
LDT 3x @ 939mhz
DRAM @ 444mhz (using 150mhz divider)
CPU core 1.475V
DRAM : 2.86V 2.5-3-3-6-1T
I really dont understand the whole divider thing, I dont really know how I wound up with 444mhz....

Benchmarks (I know my software is old, all thats available)

PCMark 2002

Stock: CPU- 7505
DDR- 10998
HDD- 1560
OC: CPU- 11988
DDR- 13504
HDD- 1561

SiSoft Sandra Pro 2004 SP2b

CPU Arithmetic:
Stock- 11009 / 3595 / 4601
OC- 14101 / 4790 / 6304

CPU Multimedia:
Stock- 22342 / 23316
OC- 29998 / 32102

Memory Bandwidth:
Stock- 5887 / 5828
OC- 6941 / 6901

I still have low memory bandwidth :( I was really wanting to break 7K.

I guess this is my max... when I was using multiplier 11, I pushed to 270 HTT (2.97GHz / 1080 bus), and didnt go any higher, I started on 10X, which I found, 10 X 300@3000mhz benches higher than 11 X 270@2970mhz... but HTT 313 was my max, using 315 results in B.S.O.D. at the welcome screen. Temps are not an issue at all, temps at 3.1GHz are 31C idle and 40C load, 68F Ambient.

Are these some good scores? Is this a decent overclock?

ummm. 3GHz is a very good OC. i would be extremely happy if i was stable @ 3GHz. i can't even post @ 3GHz, let alone be stable. thats actually very good considering the amount of voltage you're putting through it. it takes me 1.6v just to get to 2.7GHz :cry: very nice chip btw :thup:

:eek: Well, thanx! I guess my success with the low voltage is thanks to that CPU burn in Sticky :clap: . Also, thanx for the divider calcular, muchos helpful.
If feel really stupid (If I am right, going to see tonight for sure)... Before, when I said I got to 11 x 270? Then I said I switched to 10 x 300 so I could see which would be faster, then I continued using 10X..... well, if I can get 313HTT with 10X, shouldnt I be able to get at least close to that with 11X? If I can just get to 305, that'll be 3355mhz :attn:
... an excellent overclock eh'.. :D thats just made my day :thup:

I've gotten it to-
11 x 290 - 3190MHz using 1.5V (wasnt having any problems at 1.475- just went a little higher for headroom, since my temps are so low right now...
Im going to stop for tonight and let Prime 95 run for a few hours, tomorrow I'm gonna try for 11 x 300... if I make it that far, I think its a safe assumption that this core couldve been stamped with a lot higher rating than 3700+... an FX60 is only running at 2800! Well, this is odd, I actually got super lucky with my graphics card AND cpu this time! :santa:

I think you mean a fx57 is only at 2800mhz. Yes very nice overclock, I doubt the extra 60mhz will make a large difference, I think you would be better just keeping the vcore down. I hope with my new cooling I can get up to that high.

Well, I found a good stopping point last night, because it looks like I stopped just 2mhz from my 11x max - 292 @ 3212 MHz, 1.5V, LDT 3X, DDR 430MHz (using 150 divider).

Why can I use a higher HTT with 10X than I can with 11X?

I'll stop here, 11X 3212 is benching a lot higher than 10X 3130 :D Temp is 43-45 under max load (4 hour prime 95 this morning) so thats good :)

How do you capture a CPUz screenshot?

Yea I baught San Diego 3700 yesterday and very pleased with it. Was going to go for Opteron but I would have wanted the Diego equivalent which is 148 and bit too pricey compared to Diego.

Stepping I have is KACAE I think, not 100% on that only from memeory. Definitely KAC!

Anyway good to hear about such a high overclock with Diego, 3ghz is excellent. I burning mine at 2.4ghz.. 32'c idle, done prime for 2 hours and lot of D3D np. Will burn it proper this week and see what it can do. :)

On cpu-z go to the tab on the right marked "about" and click on "validation". Follow the steps and host your cpu-z, then save the link as a bookmark and you can post it whenever you want.

Ah thanx, Im gonna try to get a screenshot and post it on here :D

@RAA - This burn in technique I believe is what made my overclock: "Sen's burn in technique" http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=382751

@cpnmnch - What kind of cooling are u getting? My system is OC'ed high yes, but also be aware that it sounds like a friggin vacuum cleaner :rolleyes: My tornado's (even the 120mm case fans) are all running at full speed right now, and they are freakin' loud! :-/ It doesnt really matter to me tho, as I game with Hi-Fi headphones :cool:
I wonder if watercooling could cool this well and be quiet?

Hope this image thing works. :rolleyes:

Try this program and post your results. I am curious to see the difference in bandwidth between us. The progam name is in the pic.

DareDevil_747 said:
Print screen? Where is that button? I have a "print" button to the right of F12, but it doesnt do anything... :confused:

Hit the print screen button, nothing noticeable will happen. Then go into mspaint and hit paste, the image will then show up there. Crop and post. :)

That Vantec must be screamin' to keep those temps ... that's really awesome considering you're on air.

For the life of me, I can't get past 2.6Ghz on my San Diego 3700+. I've had to raise the vcore (1.55v) to stay in line with the vdimm of 3.6v while finding my BH5 ram's max, so you'd think it'd have plenty of headroom ... but it craps out at anything over 9.5 x 260.

Wonder if it's actually not liking having such a high vcore. Guess it's time to stop fiddling with the ram and start testing the CPU.

Nice job, man. =)

Back