• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclock AMD Phenom II X6 1045T on MSI 990FXA-GD65

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Adrian73

Cinebench+result.jpg

aida.jpg

What are the problems?! If I try a higher bus speed, 260 for example, even with increasing voltage, computer crash after enters windows (7 64 bit, pro). All you can see above is stable at auto voltage (wich is very good), the cinebench score is very high endeed, but, why not more? I know, it is a sin to eat to much. So, what should I do, let the actual situation or is possible to sin more then just 3375 MHz? The cooling is done with Schyte Ninja 3 (1040 grams), the MB chipset of MSI 990FXA is a very good one or is not sufficient? The goal with be at least 3800 MHz, so if somebody can explain what I did wrong or what should I do to UEFI bios settings of the MB to acheave this goal..I will be very thankfull.
I observed also other things, that the AMD Turbo function is useless, the turbo multiplier of 16x does not aply, and maximum multiplier remains 13,5 so the bus speed increasing is the only solution to OC the CPU. Olso I removed all settings wich prevents the OC, settings of MB on its own, and nothing, the same crash.

Last edited:
There are lots of things that could be the issue here.

The thing you are adjusting to OC affects more than just the processor. Most importantly it affects your RAM, HTLink and CPU Northbridge frequencies so make sure those don't get too high. Your reference clock will also only go so far before you encounter issues with it(probably 260-290 on that board).

We could use pictures of CPU-Z's Memory and SPD tab as well as an HWMonitor screenshot while a Prime95 blend test is running to give you more detailed suggestions.

You're first screen shows you're HT link to already be at 2500 which is way too high on a thuban (should be 1600-2000) So I'm assuming like "hik" said that all you're other settings are also on auto and rising too high due to the rise of the fsb. When using the fsb (reference clock, CPU bus, CPU clock) whatever they call it in you're bios you also need to adjust a lot more settings than just the fsb, (ram ratio,ht link,CPU NB) or you're system will become unstable,as you can see. Do as "hik" said and post up the relevant screens and people will help you with you're overclock and get you sorted out :thup:

The Thubans will often carry a HT Link frequency of up to around 2800 mhz, at least the higher end Thubans will. They usually like the CPUNB and the HT Link frequency to be in lockstep with each other or at least close to it.

As both Hicksimus and keny point out, there are lots of potential reasons you are unstable but it is likely a voltage that is too low for a frequency. Adrian73, please download and install CPU-z and attach pics of the following three program tabs: CPU, Memory and SPD. That will give us loads of info and may help us spot the problem.

Back