• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is my I9 7980XE a faulty one? can't turn on XMP with G.Skill 4133C19Q 32GB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Look for a main setting that will set the BIOS to optimized default. Multi core enhancement increases all the cores multipliers to maximum Intel turbo speed, it should be fine 99% of the time with it on, however I did see review this year where it caused CPU errors, then CPU voltage increase was needed for stability.

Same result even I set it to "load default optimize settings" in BIOS, it stopped at the Memory Bandwidth stress test under the CPU/GPU/APU catagory, again.

Same error message:
"SiSoftware Sandra service agent has stop working", once I clicked ok, the error code 8111 appears again, and the desc. of this code is "Unexpected error and can't be explained".

When I open the error log in My Document, it shows no error message.....so I don't even know why it stopped / failed.

Any idea?

Same result even I set it to "load default optimize settings" in BIOS, it stopped at the Memory Bandwidth stress test under the CPU/GPU/APU catagory, again.

Same error message:
"SiSoftware Sandra service agent has stop working", once I clicked ok, the error code 8111 appears again, and the desc. of this code is "Unexpected error and can't be explained".

When I open the error log in My Document, it shows no error message.....so I don't even know why it stopped / failed.

Any idea?

Since it is a memory bandwidth test fail, I would run Memtest86 with a USB drive. If that passes run RealBench 2.56 stress test.

Last edited:
Since it is a memory bandwidth test fail, I would run Memtest86 with a USB drive. If that passes run RealBench 2.56 stress test.

I am not sure if it is related to the RAM since it is under the GPU/CPU/APU catagory, I hope it is not about the memory on my VGA or my motherboard's ram slot. (I am no expert so I am just guessing)

I will run the stress test again when I back home, but last time both of them passed without any error. for memtest86 I just plug in the USB then it load up by itself and start the test automactilly, I guess that's the test you refer to right?

Thanks

Just for giggles.... use your pc for a day without stress testing and see if it is stable... ill bet you it is. :)

Just for giggles.... use your pc for a day without stress testing and see if it is stable... ill bet you it is. :)
Planning to do so on this Saturday, all the system demanding games are ready, like total war, arma3, witcher3, crysis3, Ghost recon wildlands. :p

I am not sure if it is related to the RAM since it is under the GPU/CPU/APU catagory, I hope it is not about the memory on my VGA or my motherboard's ram slot. (I am no expert so I am just guessing)

I will run the stress test again when I back home, but last time both of them passed without any error. for memtest86 I just plug in the USB then it load up by itself and start the test automactilly, I guess that's the test you refer to right?

Thanks

I don't know why your failing one test that is why I picked those other two tests to confirm or deny a problem. Are you having any other problems or failing any other tests besides SiSoftware Sandra? Yes memtest86 runs automatically booting with the USB stick.

I don't know why your failing one test that is why I picked those other two tests to confirm or deny a problem. Are you having any other problems or failing any other tests besides SiSoftware Sandra? Yes memtest86 runs automatically booting with the USB stick.

Maybe I should try skip that test and see if my PC can pass the remaining testes, right now it is able to finish the stress testes in the first catagory (CPU related).

Yesterday I run both testes again, (Realbench & memtest86) results as below:
1)Real Bench: run it for 1.2 hours without any error so I stopped it
2)Memtest86: passed all 4 testes again without any error

I will let you know if I can pass the other stress testes in Sandra, in the meantime, if I would like to OC (Sync all cores) my cpu to 4.4ghz, what things / settings do I need to adjust in the bios?

Thanks

Maybe I should try skip that test and see if my PC can pass the remaining testes, right now it is able to finish the stress testes in the first catagory (CPU related).

Yesterday I run both testes again, (Realbench & memtest86) results as below:
1)Real Bench: run it for 1.2 hours without any error so I stopped it
2)Memtest86: passed all 4 testes again without any error

I will let you know if I can pass the other stress testes in Sandra, in the meantime, if I would like to OC (Sync all cores) my cpu to 4.4ghz, what things / settings do I need to adjust in the bios?

Thanks

It looks like your PC is doing fine from the testing I suggested you do. For 4.4Ghz Increase frequency, run stress tests to determine if stable, If not stable, increase core voltage 5-10mv at a time until stable. Check check that the processor temperature is not above 90c when stress testing.

It looks like your PC is doing fine from the testing I suggested you do. For 4.4Ghz Increase frequency, run stress tests to determine if stable, If not stable, increase core voltage 5-10mv at a time until stable. Check check that the processor temperature is not above 90c when stress testing.

Could you advice which voltage should I adjust as I am quite new to this, right now I only adjust the CPU voltage but without any luck, even with 1.25 my PC still shut down by itself when I run the stress test in CPU-Z. I see there are also CPU Input voltage and CPU cache voltage, do I need to adjust them also? if yes, where should I start? same as the CPU voltage?

Thanks

The core voltage is the only thing you need to adjust for increased clock speed. If the PC is shutting down power off it is VRM over current protection or VRM thermal protection and adjustments needs to be made so it won't shut down. Use XTU also HWiNFO to see what is happening.

Last edited:
Here is a list of settings to change for PC shutdown wen overclocking.

Long duration power limit
Short duration power limit
Integrated VR current limit
Any OCP (over current protection)
Any OTP (over temperature protection)

So I done some intensive gaming on last Weekend, no major issues so far.

Still, the sudden FPS drop (jerky effect) happen from time to time does caught my attention, it's didn't happen a lot, but you are still able to notice it.

It is very easy to notice it when I am playing Rainbow Six Siege due to it has a lot of drop down menu when you are choosing your operators, and my PC is able to run this game over 120+ FPS, the issues are.

1) When I picked my character and move to next screen, the "menu transition" is not smooth, it moved like 30 FPS or like a frame skip, it happens randomly and usually stay for 3-5 seconds. (All my games were install on SSD, this game is on Samsung 960 PRO)
2) During one match my FPS dropped to 30 FPS and I have to use alt+tab then my FPS back to normal again, only happened once for now, I have no idea if it is caused by my CPU or not.

Any idea what cause those "frame skip / jerky effect" issue?

- - - Updated - - -

COuld be low VCCIN as well

Here is a list of settings to change for PC shutdown wen overclocking.

Long duration power limit
Short duration power limit
Integrated VR current limit
Any OCP (over current protection)
Any OTP (over temperature protection)

I read some guide on the internet and it seems you need to change lot of voltage settings like VCCIN, CPU Voltage, LLC levels, VCCSA, VCCIO.....I need to do more testing later.

What resolution are you playing at? 1080?
Do you have MCE enabled? Max Boost?

So I done some intensive gaming on last Weekend, no major issues so far.

Still, the sudden FPS drop (jerky effect) happen from time to time does caught my attention, it's didn't happen a lot, but you are still able to notice it.

It is very easy to notice it when I am playing Rainbow Six Siege due to it has a lot of drop down menu when you are choosing your operators, and my PC is able to run this game over 120+ FPS, the issues are.

1) When I picked my character and move to next screen, the "menu transition" is not smooth, it moved like 30 FPS or like a frame skip, it happens randomly and usually stay for 3-5 seconds. (All my games were install on SSD, this game is on Samsung 960 PRO)
2) During one match my FPS dropped to 30 FPS and I have to use alt+tab then my FPS back to normal again, only happened once for now, I have no idea if it is caused by my CPU or not.

Any idea what cause those "frame skip / jerky effect" issue?

If your using Turbo boost 3.0 try disabling, then run the games.

I read some guide on the internet and it seems you need to change lot of voltage settings like VCCIN, CPU Voltage, LLC levels, VCCSA, VCCIO.....I need to do more testing later.

VCCSA and VCCIO is for the memory controller when overclocking memory. When overclocking memory with XMP it is automatically raised to around Vccsa (System Agent) stock Intel 1.060v changed to 1.248v, Vccio Stock Intel 0.960v changed to 1.165v

LLC load line calibration is for bypassing Intel's voltage droop specification for overshoot of voltage for the Vcore.

load_voltage_and_droop_and_llc.jpg
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/load-line_calibration

VCCIN is the supply voltage from the external voltage regulator module to the processor international Voltage regulator.

Last edited:
VCCIN is the supply voltage from the external voltage regulator module to the processor international Voltage regulator. In the forums on the x299 I have not seen any benefit increasing the VCCIN from stock voltage when overclocking.

You obviously haven't overclocked X299 or X99 have you?

Last edited:
He's also been testing memory intensive stress tests, right? This has gotten so convoluted at this point...not sure which end is up anymore.. :(

If your using Turbo boost 3.0 try disabling, then run the games.

VCCSA and VCCIO is for the memory controller when overclocking memory. When overclocking memory with XMP it is automatically raised to around Vccsa (System Agent) stock Intel 1.060v changed to 1.248v, Vccio Stock Intel 0.960v changed to 1.165v

LLC load line calibration is for bypassing Intel's voltage droop specification for overshoot of voltage for the Vcore.

View attachment 197292
https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/load-line_calibration

VCCIN is the supply voltage from the external voltage regulator module to the processor international Voltage regulator.

You mean the setting in the bios right? if yes I will disable it and try, do I have to shut down the Intel turbo boost software in windows also?

He's also been testing memory intensive stress tests, right? This has gotten so convoluted at this point...not sure which end is up anymore.. :(

Nay, the stress testes for the RAM were done a few days ago, haven't run any stress test for a few days already.

Although I still can't pass that stress test in Sandra but for now I will focus on finding the reason behind the jerky effect that keep happening from time to time.

Back