• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

slowly overclocking Duron 800

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

demon-eater

***update***

just set fsb jumper to 133mhz and now running at 144mhz at 7.0x 1.85v yeah baby (1008mhz) thats a sweet fsb... will do 166fsb at 5x multiplier isn't that alittle insane for a Duron???

HI over the past few days since my athlon died which i was overclocking and oh nevermind about the athlon.. this duron is weird i must say right now i have my fsb at 125mhz, 8.0x or sumthin like that its at 1Gz right now with 1.8v
the other day tho when i popped it in it was freaking out when i did multiplier adjustments on it.... are durons unlocked?? because i did the pencil trick on it like 2 months ago but never used the chip after that... anyway oh yeah its one of those no name steppings how much more do you think i could get out of this once i increase voltage to 1.85v?? and should i lower fsb and raise multiplier or what?? idles at 33C full load 35C

Last edited:
okay when i try to go over 1008mhz it locks up on me with 1.85v guess what i just rebooted at 1.7v at 1000mhz even and its fine so why the heck won't it go faster with more voltage??? is my pencil trick not good enough?? it works on any other multiplier and even if i don't up the multiplier but just the mhz by 1mhz it still freaks out.. anybody have an idea??

I have been running my duron 800 at 1050 (7x150) for about 6 months now. I have tried just about every kind of combination of FSB and multiplier, and this seems to be the best combo for speed and stability.

I did run it at 1015 (7x145) for about a month. The biggest thing is keeping your temps down. The CAK 38 HS&F does a pretty good job, but the big difference maker has been my case. It has your standard intake at the bottom front, exhaust out of power supply, but, in addition, there are two intake fans on the side blowing directly onto the CPU/vid card area, an exhaust fan on the back, and an exhaust fan on the top. The highest that I have ever seen my CPU in this case was 42 deg C. My temps usually hover around 35 C.

okay temp isn't a issue with my setup its sitting at 29C right now ambient being 18C usually after i game for a bit it goes up to 34C then i use vcool to bring it back down to 30C

Back