• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how can i test udp at work

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crash893

"The man in black fled across the desert,
i need a way to test if my company is blocking udp

does anyone know a good way to test?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\RBarbrow>nslookup google.com 4.2.2.1
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Can't find server name for address 4.2.2.1: Timed out
Server: UnKnown
Address: 4.2.2.1

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
*** Request to UnKnown timed-out

C:\Documents and Settings\RBarbrow>

i guess no then

Im back

I was looking at wireshark when i found this

20ivzpy.png.jpg

so does that mean i do have udp?

Not necessarily. That is your company's DNS server, or their ISP's DNS server... in which case, it is allowed, but by the sounds of it, limited to that server.

This is the second such thread to which I will respond:
<!--- Begin standard disclaimers>
I'll speak for my workplace and quote our IS Sec policies regarding internet usage and firewall subversion.

The use of electronic message boards, instant messengers, and communications software not part of the Common Environment is prohibited. The use of any software or website that may result in a loss of intellectual property to any third party is prohibited.
The use of any method that could result in the usage of an unauthorized service, or the deliberate conscious subversion of network security systems, including changing port numbers of services for outgoing connections, is prohibited.
Violators of this policy are subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination.
You've been warned. I don't know about your company and I don't know what your Internet Acceptable Use Policy says, but we take our IAUP somewhat seriously at my company (not near as seriously as other policies concerning anti-virus software, passwords, etc., but still on our List of Stuff To Do).

It depends what sort of screen you get when you try to come here. If you get a screen from a content filtering program then you're (sort of) screwed, although you could potentially use a proxy server.

Note, however, that any possible remedy we can offer you here will be a violation of your IAUP and may result in your termination. I for one do not want to be responsible for that!

<!-- End Standard Disclaimer >

Back