• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus P5 mosfet cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

johneva

Registered
Aup

Anybody know where I can get an Asus P5 mosfet water block from in the UK?

I carnt find one anywhere. :(

Thanx John

just get some mosfet sinks and watercool the nb only (the mosfets work fine with 0 cooling so water is going way overboard, the nb on the otherhand gets quite hot and will benefit). Only way I would suggest watercooling the mosfets is if you want absolute silence but dont care about OC or if you have a second loop for mosfets/south and north, keeping your cpu/gpu on another loop.

thats my plan 1/4 loop for the Nb, MOSFets and any thing ells.

FYI is there any premade blocks for the Asus PC-DL? Mosfets?

Sorry to sneak in there but this thread is dead on topic for my Q too.

caddy359 said:
http://store.over-clock.com/Alphacool.html

Water cooler for the voltage converters of the ASUS P5A Mainboard Series.

duno if thats the one

Cheers dude but na they are for the A8N.

I was intrested in getting one cos I herd for serious overclocks with Preslers you need a mosfet cooler or you'll cook the MOBO which I certainly dont wanna do.

The standard Asus cooloer is fanless anyways so the sound is no probs, I also am making the water cooling system with northbrige cooler as this is also improtant when OCing Intel rigs as you say. ;)

Cheers for your help and advice guys much appriciated. :)

Na I am seeing the A8N heat trap reg cooler for bottom two.

Mosfet Cooler NV7800 is suitable for the voltage converters of the NVidia 7800GT/GTX cards for the one above.

Graphics card cooler for all Ati X1800XL/XT/XT PE (256MB) cards for the one above.

Northbridge copper cooler for NForce 4-Chipsets, for ex. DFI LanParty, Abit Fatal1ty and AN8-Series, MSI K8N nF4 Series (Neo4 Diamond), for one above.

Then the Alphacool NexXxoS XP (Socket 754/939/940/FX/Opteron) for the top one.

EDIT
After reading better I see the bottom one dose have something to do with the P5 but it is for SLI and I am nort sure it would fit my MOBO, I dont really understand what it is saying though as it also talks about the A8N quite a bit too.

Now I am well confused.

Think I will have to send them an email and ask if it is the one I am looking for.

Last edited:
The best cooling upgrade you can get for your MOSFETs.. is a new PSU. A PSU with little ripple will keep your MOSFETs cooler than a waterblock will keep them if you have a cheap PSU. If you have $50 to spend on a MOSFET block, apply it to a good economy PSU like a Fortron Source or a good entry level Enermax (which will cost a little more than the Fortron but will be a great PSU).

Next to that, cut up a stock AMD or Pentium III heatsink or similar "box" style heatsink and use thermal adhesive to apply them.

Back