• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAID SETUP QUESTION

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

texp4

Hi All,
I like to set up like this
- I like to RAID my 2 sata drive 250Gb as a storage drive but the main drive ( which I will install OS on ) is the WD Raptor. Do I need a floppy drive to set up the RAID ?

If you're doing a fresh intall of the OS on the RAID, yes. Otherwise, as you are not, you can install your OS on the Raptor and then drivers for the RAID controller after you set up the array in the BIOS.

I have noticed that when I go into the selection menu (when you choose what HD to install windows to) my sata disk is there...also when i boot into a fresh install of windows, my sata drive is already there. When I install my raid setup (it will NOT be my OS drive), will I need to use a floppy disk?

No. Just install on the Raptor, which doesn't need a disk, and install the RAID drivers from Windows.

Back