• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manbush

I have 1 F@H running on my dual core E6400 as a Windows Service.

Can I run another F@H as a SERVICE BUT stop it when I want to (like when I want to do video editing, development etc)? And also can I stop the specific one which is the second F@H?

You need to run the program with the -local flag. In the stickies there is a thread about editing flags it will help you do this and yes you can you're running a dual core CPU so it would serve you well to run two F@H.

Put them in different places on the harddrive and when you install them as a service then to turn them on and off use services.msc if you're using an OS of 2k or higher.

Any service can be stopped/started by clicking start-run and type services.msc and hit enter. This will bring up a list of all the services on your computer. If you use wedo's one click for duallies, there will be a service named FAH1 and another named FAH2. You can start/stop either at any time. I actually have a batch file to start/stop them. To stop both, it would read:
Code:
sc stop FAH1
sc stop FAH2
Another to start:
Code:
sc start FAH1
sc start FAH2

You can play around with it to start/stop any 1 or combination of services you want.

hibner said:
from the command line you can type "net stop fah2" and "net start fah2" to restart the service

I forgot about that method. I actually used to use that syntax, but I think I switched to sc because I needed to be able to start/stop services on remote machines. I dont think the net command can do that.

Back