• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

F@H Spotlight #49

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
This is the 49th in the series of T32 Spotlights!! I'll try my best to keep this Spotlight as regular post as possible as long as the nominations keep coming in!! So, keep sending me the nomination guys/gals!!!

For how to go about nominating a fellow folder, please go to THIS THREAD, or better yet, you can PM me directly. To see the ever growing list of who has been interviewed and the expected date of the next spotlight, please go to THIS THREAD.

Also, for any of the suggestions/questions/answers/etc. that you would like to see from other member, please PM me too!!

Now please give a warm welcome to..........................

Midnight Dream

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Again, Thanks for taking the time to allow me to interview you.

When did you join the Team? Approximate date is ok if you don't know the specific date.
According to EOC, it would of been October 24, 05. Almost a complete year ago

If there was something recent that you did that you wanted your fellow teammembers to know about, what would it be?
Ahhh, that would have to be purchasing a 68" sword at an anime convention. That thing is freaking sweet. 5' 8" of pure awesome (for those who watch Bleach, it's Ichigo's Bankai sword) =D

What is your EOC (extremeoverclockers) stats link?
EOC

You do not have to give specifics (address), but what State do you live in, and if you don't mind telling, what town? (town is not required, but if not a town, a general direction and distance from the nearest 'big town/city' would suffice)
Tifton, Georgia; Right here stuck with JoT

How did you initially hear about F@H?
That would also be from JoT. It was when him and I were in highschool; He always cared around a jump drive that had his F@H client on it, which he used to borg almost every computer he touched. I initially helped him borg, then started researching more, and finally installed it on my computer at home.

After starting, why do you continue to Fold?
2 reasons. 1, I love the fact that I can help people out. Don't ever let anybody say that even the smallest person can't help, because this is proof that everybody can. 2, I want to pass JoT in folding stats. He doesn't get any points anymore, but its still fun. 81 days estimated =D

What do you do for a living?
Currently, i'm a full time student at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College, as a Computer Engineer Major, but I am also one of the lead IT guys, as well as Senior Webdeveloper at TyTy Nursery

What do you do for fun?
Name it; Program, read, draw, watch tv, drive my car (when it works:bang head), hang out with my friends

Is there anything special you do in your spare time that you really enjoy?
Programming; It's always been my passion. No matter what language, I love to pick it up and give it a go.

Time to spill your guts. What are the stats of your main folding rig? Why is it your fave? What all do you use the rig for?
DFI Lanparty Ultra-D nForce4
Dual Core Opteron 165 o/ced to (currently due to heat) 2.4GHz
2x512 Mushkin Black LVL 2 BH-5 RAM
nVidia 6800 Ultra
72GB Raptor
custom watercooling system
It's my favorite simply because I built it from scratch. The pride and joy of doing something by one's self cannot be surpassed, neh. And it's my everything-rig. Music, Video, Intarweb, Gaming, Programming

Do you have a Borg-Farm? If so, how many computers, and what are they? (CPU, RAM)
I've borged pretty much all the comps at work. 6 of them, most with 2.0GHz X2's and 1GB of ram.

What are your future goals? What do you most want to accomplish with your life?
It used to be I would instantly say 'game developer'. But now, I just want to be a developer. I love the intricacies of programming, I don't really care what its doing. And to accomplish in my life? Well, i'm only 19, but my future goals would be wife (have a girlfriend of 3 years, going strong), kids, decent house, and for them all to be happy.

If there is something you want to tell the team, then spill your guts! What have I missed in my questions that could help the team learn more about you and who you are?
Argablarga?! Seriously, I'm really a nice and helpful guy, and am willing to do whatever I can to help somebody out. If there is ever anything, just drop me a PM, and I will do everything I can. =D

Thanks for the interview, and to everybody else, don't forget to
foldon.gif

Nice to meet you! i heard the geeks are getting the gals now! giggity!

Try to keep your car running man. It's a fun hobby!

Nice to finally meet ya midnight! We'll have to get together for a (root):beer: next time I drive through Tifton(every 2 weeks or so).:santa:

Vipersfate said:
Nice to meet you! i heard the geeks are getting the gals now! giggity!

Try to keep your car running man. It's a fun hobby!

haha, yea. Seems to be a trend, neh. And yea, it is a funny hobby. Even if it isn't working right now, I work on it and play around. It's my first, and my project car.

sno.lcn said:
Nice to finally meet ya midnight! We'll have to get together for a (root):beer: next time I drive through Tifton(every 2 weeks or so).:santa:

We shall, we shall. Would love to get together and meet more of the T32 F@H members.

TollhouseFrank said:
Nice, anime FTW!

Way to go with that G/F of 3 years. If she can stick it out with a geek that long... she may just be worth holding onto.

Woo, anime! And yes, she is worth holding onto. Been there for me through everything.

ThePCGuy said:
Hi MidnightDream, its been awhile! Good luck w/ JoT

- Jim

Thanks! And, I will be sure to let JoT know the minute I pass him =D

Hey MD ... nice to meet you some more ... you must be keeping busy with progamming ... we haven't seen as much of you around these parts lately.

Fold on!

:beer: :beer:

ihrsetrdr said:
Glad to meet you, MD! :)

A pleasure to meet you too =D

pscout said:
Hey MD ... nice to meet you some more ... you must be keeping busy with progamming ... we haven't seen as much of you around these parts lately.

Fold on!

:beer: :beer:

Yea, i've been pretty busy with a project between a friend of mine, and myself, as well as development on a content management system at work, as well as programming courses at school.

vonkaar said:
Nice to meet you =)

Bleach rules.

Yes it does =D Nice to meet you too

sno.lcn said:
I'm ashamed to say I know nothing of bleach. I guess I'll have to check it out now:)

I am only ashamed that i don't know how to handle bleach carefully ... as demonstrated by a few of my now 'tie dyed' working clothes :eek:

pscout said:
I am only ashamed that i don't know how to handle bleach carefully ... as demonstrated by a few of my now 'tie dyed' working clothes :eek:
At least all your socks didn't come out pink last time you did laundry:beer:

TollhouseFrank said:
Try explaining away why your wife's underewire melted in the drier and fused with your best work-jeans...... :eek:
What the hell kind of underwear does you wife wear, licorice?!
Seriously though, how the hell do you melt underwear?:-/

sno.lcn said:
What the hell kind of underwear does you wife wear, licorice?!
Seriously though, how the hell do you melt underwear?:-/

Underwire. Bra with a metal 'support' around the cups for more 'boost'. Never supposed to be put in a dryer. I didnt' know that at the time.....

The metal gets quite soft and runny......

TollhouseFrank said:
Underwire. Bra with a metal 'support' around the cups for more 'boost'. Never supposed to be put in a dryer. I didnt' know that at the time.....

The metal gets quite soft and runny......
Ohhhhhhh, I thought it was a mistype and you meant underWEAR!!! LMAO! Still, WTG Frank! My g/f would be so ****ed if I did that to her underWIRES:beer:
And thanks for the tip, I'll just let her wash them from now on:D

Back