• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hopeing for help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thepatriot

Hi all, New here and need some help.
I was giving an older system to try and get to handle a couple "Older" games for a friends kid. It has onboard video (I have a NVIDIA Ti4200 128mb to put in it) and I can't seem to disable it. I tried through the bios and when I boot up it's just a blank screen. I do hear the "Keyboard Beep" and that's when all stops. Best I can tell it's a ASUS board, one of the chips had AS99127F and that seems to fall back to ASUS. It's Apollo chipset 133. 900mhz PIII with 256mb system (Will hold 768). I don't know if this is the right place but I do appreciate any and all help.
Thanks

P.S. Just realized I put this in the AMD part, sorry.

There may be a jumper on the board to disable the onboard video. If you have the documentation take a look in there, if not there should be a serial number on the board somewhere at the bottom or on the side of one of the slots.

Once you have the serial number and board info you can go to the manufacturers site and find the documentation.

You cold also just look at all the jumpers on the board and see if any are labeled with Video

My wife's old PC had no way of disabling the on-board video. I had to go into the BIOS and change it to - boot the video from PCI slot. The on-board still ate up some RAM though :bang head

Thanks for the help, I'm still trying to gather information (When I have time). Also, if I take the AGP card out and boot (With onboard video) it works fine.

jiggamanjb said:
My wife's old PC had no way of disabling the on-board video. I had to go into the BIOS and change it to - boot the video from PCI slot. The on-board still ate up some RAM though :bang head

Yeah I had that same problem with older PC's with onboard video. Even with a PCI video card installed it still sucked up some ram :rolleyes: Your best bet is to install as much ram as it can accept to balance things out.

No Go! I think I'll just pick up an aolder PIII MB with no onboard video. Thanks for the tip and help.

Back