• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Stuck @ 470FSB~

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wa77ss

Got a P5B Deluxe and a E6300 that aren't playing nice together.

What I can't figure out is what is causing the instability, either the board or chip.

I can boot into Windows at 470FSB with both 6 and 7 mutli at same voltage (1.5v) but it crashes both times.

I don't know if there is bugs with changing the multi, or if the board is just topping out at 470.

What do you guys think?

Thats about where im stuck as well for OCing on my E6400. Seem to have hit a wall around 470-480 and its making it hard to OC anymore then that.

i feel your pain, i just have some cheapy ddr2 667, and my board caps at around 472 fsb, although it could be my ram too. but i think its the board.. ill find out once i get some new stix in this badboy.

My P5B Deluxe is good way past 500mhz. I havn't played around the 470FSB range so maybe there is another gap just like the high 300FSB range. Either that or your memory just isn't cuttin' it.

raising the SB voltage can help. what do you have that set at?

really, i don't have any issues booting until i hit around 527fsb. with your ram, you should be able to get right up there as well.

Oh man I didn't even notice you had your timings set to 3-2-2-8. Definitely loosen those up. Try 4-4-4-12. I can use that all the way up to 500mhz @ 2.3-2.35v

Yea I had them loosened up quite a bit, there fatbody so at lower speeds I had them tight :D

Maybe Ill just try for 520FSB and see what happens. I never thought about there being a gap in FSB :p

Thanks!

nasgul, i run 500fsb, 24/7, in a case...with a scythe ninja and its stock fan...and only 5 80mm case fans.

what you see in my sig is my daily speeds..i can do more for benches.

I got to 490 with my E6400 and thought that was it but I had another look at my PSU setup and after changing from a 600W with 2x12v@ 19amp to a 750W with quad 12v @18amps (12v1 was on the 4 pin mbd conntr and 12v3 went to the 24 pin conntr with 12v2 and 12v4 going to PCIe and SATA. I immediately went through 500 on my P5B and got a cpuz ID. This is obviously a bit short on technical details but it worked for me.

newhit said:
I got to 490 with my E6400 and thought that was it but I had another look at my PSU setup and after changing from a 600W with 2x12v@ 19amp to a 750W with quad 12v @18amps (12v1 was on the 4 pin mbd conntr and 12v3 went to the 24 pin conntr with 12v2 and 12v4 going to PCIe and SATA. I immediately went through 500 on my P5B and got a cpuz ID. This is obviously a bit short on technical details but it worked for me.

Wow really a 600 to 750W did that? Wonder if the rails wasn't sharing the load as well or not ballanced enough. Hmm wonder if thats my issue even though voltages are solid across the board. Guess I'll find out when I upgrade my PSU for my new GPU.

deathman20 said:
Wow really a 600 to 750W did that? Wonder if the rails wasn't sharing the load as well or not ballanced enough. Hmm wonder if thats my issue even though voltages are solid across the board. Guess I'll find out when I upgrade my PSU for my new GPU.

I'm thinking that the quality of the PSU was a factor. I don't want to invite a "mine is better than yours" situation but safe to say the 750 is endorsed by many websites.

PS
Will you be needing 8 pin PCIe connectors for your new GPU? I've not gone into this but you might need to ask the question.

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread.

Back