• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DFI DAGF powers on for a split second, then shuts off.. any advice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Xdrive

Hi. I just bought a new case (Antec Nine Hundred) and after putting all my components into it, I can't seem to get it going. When I hit the power button, the LEDs come on briefly and the PSU fan starts to spin, then it powers off again - all in a half a second or so.

The mobo LED comes on when the PSU is on, so that's good. After each failed attempt to power on, the RAM LED stays on, until I unplug the PSU of course. So the RAM LED only comes on after each failed attempt.

Any ideas? A buddy of mine was working on this board and had the same problem, and he said he had the power hookups done wrong. But I've checked mine again and again and everything looks fine. I'm inclined to think it's a jumper problem, but I've checked those too.

Is there a common solution for this problem on this board or do you folks have any advice?

Something is shorting out the mobo. My suggestion is remove evrything from the case and start from scratch:

Place board on non conductive surface: Wood, glass, cardboard
Install bare minimum ie:
Cpu.sink, 1 stick of ram,video card,hdd and the psu.

Recheck all the connections before you power on. Then see if the board will power up normally outside the case. If it does, then you know something within the case is shorting out the motherboard.

If you continue to get this problem, then it could very well the board is defective.

I also suggest you test all the other components to be sure it's all ok.

Back