• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Rig quit working...need help troubleshooting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

satandole666

When it rains it pours.

Last Sunday I left the house, turned my comp off (a little wary of unsupervised WCing after a past accident). At that time everything was working fine. When I woke up Monday morning I went to turn it on. No go.

The blue light on the P5B-D I have was on and is no different than normal. When I hit the power switch it became extremely bright. It seems like the PSU spun up (along with the case fans) for the smallest amount of a second (less than 1/10). When I hit the power switch again, nothing happens. If I turn the PSU off and unplug the computer, it will recreate the bright light and quick spin up.

I plan on taking the entire computer apart, cleaning it, and putting it back together this weekend before I order any replacement parts. I have a feeling the PSU is bad, but I would think there would be no power to the mobo if that was the case.

Any ideas?

Sounds like bad power supply. Get a known working unit. swap it in and see if it boots up.

Good luck

Back