• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking + Gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Firestrider

My system is stable in memtest86+, ORTHOS blend, and F@H SMP for 48 hours each with my video card stock and my processor and RAM overclocked with a full load temperature of 45*C.

But I get blue screens in WoW after 2 hours with the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, STOP 0x000000A error. I know this is an overclocking error because when I put my system back to stock I no longer get the error.

Does overclocking and gaming not check out or is it just WoW? I usually don't play other games more than 2 hours at a time.

Just because you're solid in X benchmarks and X test for X hours...does not mean X game will run flawlessly. =\

The error you get I think is related to RAM. So I'd try to back down the clocks or timings to see if that makes it game stable.

But like SteveLord said, benchmark stable =/= game stable. But its the reason people use Prime95, Orthos, 3dmark, etc etc you name to test stability.

Back