• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Satelite A135-S4527

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

smdtherock

Registered
hey guys! I am having a problem. My friends laptop will not boot up. She has Vista Installed, she said she got some kind of virus and wanted me to do a fresh install but what she didn't tell me is that it doesn't even start up...

i have taken out the HDD and put it in my PC...it works fine

i connected the laptop to my LCD and still nothing... it sounds like and shows no HDD activity on the laptop.

it powers on but the screen stays black....please help!!!

and input is greatly appreciated!

Sean

hey guys! I am having a problem. My friends laptop will not boot up. She has Vista Installed, she said she got some kind of virus and wanted me to do a fresh install but what she didn't tell me is that it doesn't even start up...

i have taken out the HDD and put it in my PC...it works fine

i connected the laptop to my LCD and still nothing... it sounds like and shows no HDD activity on the laptop.

it powers on but the screen stays black....please help!!!

and input is greatly appreciated!

Sean

if it powers on but the screen is blank & the video port also does not produce a picture I would say the video card and/or the LCD is dead... in which case I think it's time for a new laptop, unless the video card can be swapped out on that model of laptop.

Yup, if a laptop has some type of fatal error (unless it's the hard drive itself) and not under warranty (you can forget about manufacturer's standard warranties, they don't really cover anything) it's generally too expensive to justify not replacing.

Based on a moderate amount of experience, either your LCD/videocard is dead or your motherboard.

Back