• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Jmicron

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gottcha

I just switched over to AHCI and i have neeb reading some passed post about this jmicron controlled and it seems that if i don't have and ide harddrives or cd drives (they are all sata) i should disable the jmicron controler because it only deals with the IDE drives. and from what i have read this would also speed up my boot due to the fact that Jmicron will not have to auto detect and drives. I' new to the whole storage area. So ask and noob questions

Well yes! Just make sure you don't need it before you disable it!

And if it fails, just reset the bios. I've disabled everything that isn't essential.

And if it fails, just reset the bios. I've disabled everything that isn't essential.

Indeed. I noticed by disabling evrything that's not needed, I got a nice increase in performance and less boot-up time :thup:

How do i make sure i don't need it?? If i have all sata drives and i'm in AHCI mode I shouldn't need it correct? And if from some strange reason i do it probally won't boot into windows and i can go back into the bios and just change it back right?

Thanks for the fast reply

Yep. Do some research and mess around with the settings (not all at once).
If your board was made after 1995, its BIOS can be reset.

Your motherboard is more like your child. Get to know it, before it goes through puberty, calls you a b***h, and moves out of the house.

My bios says "Jmicron pata/sata controller and the options are disable/enable

i disabled and restarted and it seems to work just fine. Though i would let ya know.

Back